Pervert Woody Allen

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 11:42 pm
Pervert Woody Allen married his own daughter after having problems with his wife, his son, and, obviously psychological problems.
His son has told the media that he has been marked because of his father's action and has decided not to ever talk to him.
What kind of so-called father would do such a thing?

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 07:41 am
First of all Mia Farrow, was not Woody's wife. She was his lover.
He married a girl that had been adopted by Mia, and her former husband, Andrei Previn, the conductor, so Soon Yee (the girl that he married) was NOT his daughter. From what I know about Mia and Woody, they both are peculiar ducks, with a weird lifestyle, so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that the son (of Woody and Mia) WOULD have emotional problems.

I too was aghast when I first read of the marriage, years ago. I would suggest though, that you get your facts straight!
Duke of Lancaster

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 01:57 pm
I thought that it was his adopted daughter because the show I watched NEVER mentioned the other husband. I am certain the media said they were married and filed for divorce. But I'll check. I don't know much about Woody and Mia having a weird lifestyle, but what I can say for certain is that she couldn't stand him anymore and move far away with her son. I don't blame her.
But still, that is too weird. Out of all the women in Asia, he had to marry their adopted daughter.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 02:02 pm
Phoenix is correct about the various relationships...

This is old news. Why get all agitated about it now?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 02:18 pm
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-02/22/content_418399.htm

Mia obviously still has not come to terms with the relationship. Woody and Soon Yi have been married since 1997, and have two adopted children.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:07 pm
I think it's wonderful that they found love, who cares what the situation is? So much discrimination towards love these days.. age, gender, race, former relations...why can't people just be happy for those who have found the greatest thing?

If Woody had known Mia only as a friend, and then fallen in love with Mia's adopted daughter, then the reaction would be: "Oh! That's so sweet!"

However since Woody and Mia had an intimacy between them, all of a sudden, the act of Woody falling in love with someone who was in no biological way related to him, not even adopted by himself, it becomes: "Oh my God, that's sickening."

Why tarnish the relationship between Woody and Soon Yi, simply because of the relationship Mia had with Woody? Let them be in peace; they're happy.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:12 pm
I think sanctuary is correct.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:16 pm
Woody plays a mean clarinet.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:21 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:46 pm
Since this seems to be settled, I would like to thank you for reminding me of Dory Previn and that beautiful song she wrote about how much she hated Mia Farrow....

Those lemon haird ladies why do you need them?
All that I want in my life is to be them.

Does anyone else remember that song?

Just gorgeous.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:56 pm
My parents and Mia's parents were friends, a long long time ago. I have sort of followed her life, kind of wishing her well, and not being perfect myself - but in this situation I give some room to Woody, at least re not being a so-called pervert.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:57 pm
Well, boomer. Andre Previn was one great pianist and conductor. Wasn't Mia Farrow married to Frank Sinatra?

Duke, Woody Allen is not one of my favorite people, but he is brilliant.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:46 am
I just learned about this story last week. It's funny how the media makes it dramatic. lol
I don't know.....Woody seems weird; he's not even funny, rather annoying. He reminds me of a stalker my ex-girlfriend had.

By the way, was this girl under aged when they married?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:50 am
Duke of Lancaster wrote:

By the way, was this girl under aged when they married?

Depends on how you define 'underage': she was 27 then.
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 06:31 am
Duke of Lancaster- Woody is an eccentric genius, IMO. He has a New York, neurotic style that comes through in many of his films. It is not to everyone's taste.

Check this out, and you will have an idea of the depth of Woody's contributions:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000095/
kelticwizard

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:26 pm
Duke is wrong on the facts, when viewed strictly, but not so far off when you view the emoltional relationships.

Woody and Mia had a long relationship, both in their professional and private lives. Woody was Mia's Significant Other for years while Soon Li was growing up in the household.

Woody Allen never moved in-he always kept his apartment-but he spent most of his personal life over at Mia Farrow's apartment. So for many years, Woody was the man of the house, taking the family on trips, fulfilling the father role to Mia's children, including Soon Li.

Then he turned his attention from Farrow to Soon Li.

True, no blood relationship at all. Still, to move from a father figure to a sexual partner to the same little girl you bought candy for and brought to the movies-now a few years older-raised quite a shock.

Emotionally, Woody was as good as an adopted father. Now he and the girl who looked up to him as a father are living together and having kids.

No blood relation, but hardly healthy. In fact, I would characterize Mary LeTourneau and her guy as far healthier than Woody Allen and Soon Li.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:51 pm
Hah, what a great title for this thread, hah.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 11:35 pm
Hey, the two of them have been married for over eight years, which is more than you can say for most of Hollywood.
kelticwizard

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 04:45 pm
True enough.

But there was a certain switching of roles there-from substitute parent to sex partner-that engendered a howl back when it happened, and still leaves people uneasy.
0 Replies

saba

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 10:42 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Sha was 25, as she was born in ' 72, but she was 20, when they started to ha an affair.