My ex’s getting married next month

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 02:11 am
It has been a year already since my ex and I decided to cut everything that connects us. We fell out of love after 6 months of living together. I can’t feel any affection anymore, including that spark I felt when we met in a foreign bride social some years ago. Now, I heard the news about him marrying. I know I should be happy for him but a part of me is missing him. I want to make sure if I’m totally done with him, that’s why I plan to see him in a few days from now. Do you think this is a good thing for me to do? I need your thoughts about this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,254 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 02:16 am
@girlinthemirror15,
Better 'out of sight; out of mind.

Gosh, it's so much easier to give advice than to take it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 02:18 am
@girlinthemirror15,
What are you going to say?

“I don’t love you but can’t stand the thought of you being happy with another woman, so let me see you and make sure that’s how I feel”?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 06:34 am
@girlinthemirror15,
Take whatever time and money you were going to use to go see him and go to the movies or get dinner out. Then block him on all forms of social media and lose his number. It's over. Don't try to rile it back up again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 07:10 am
@girlinthemirror15,
another reason for people to stay away from the steady stream of foreign b* spam we get here
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 09:23 am
@girlinthemirror15,
Quote:
I want to make sure if I’m totally done with him,
And what are you going to do if you decide you are not totally done with him? He seems to be totally done with you, so what good does it do you to see him.

As others have written, just leave him alone. It is over. You may always have a soft spot in your heart for the time you two were together, but that does not mean you should pine away for him.

chai2

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2018 10:24 am
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:

Quote:
I want to make sure if I’m totally done with him,
And what are you going to do if you decide you are not totally done with him? He seems to be totally done with you, so what good does it do you to see him.

She wrote she plans to see him a few days from now.

She didn't mention if he was privy to that plan, or how he felt about it.....or how the finance may feel.

Years back, I had someone I was involved with (he I guess felt more for me than vice versa), want to "get together for coffee" or some such thing to talk.

About what? Why? I declined. If I had said ok, I would have felt like I was wasting time spent doing something I wanted, and would have agreed just out of some misplaced obligation, or pity.

Don't know what the OP expects, but I can suspect....Does she want for them to fall into each others arms, maybe a f*ck for old times sake? If it's just "to talk" I'll eat my hat.

Actually, if I was this guy, I might say yes, and bring my bride-to-be along.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2018 02:02 am
@girlinthemirror15,
Quote:
It has been a year already since my ex and I decided to cut everything that connects us

Quote:
We fell out of love after 6 months of living together.

Quote:
we met in a foreign bride social some years ago.

You met some years ago. I would suspect, continued on the foreign bride network, to try to find a Husband. Then somewhere along the line, this same person bought you over, let you live with him I imagine on a "VISA" for 6 months, decided you weren't what he was after, sent you back home perhaps and now 12 months have passed and I imagine you are back on this foreign bride site/s .

What is it you want to know from him? He's found the Bride he is happy with and I can only ask you, "how" do you know he is getting married, these sights are big, so it wouldn't have come from there, 6 months together, well I wouldn't imagine you got too close with too many of his friends/ family. "Facebook?" you saw a post?

You need to love yourself. Stop being needy and think you can't find someone by yourself, stop looking on these mail order Bride sites you're not a trophy.

Sorry, but you need to let go, leave him alone, stop going on these sights, accept that money is not everything, but love is and go and find your true happiness.

0 Replies

TMiles

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 04:16 am
@girlinthemirror15,
No!
I think you should leave him in past! Try something to get carried away)
0 Replies