Going out with a girl with way too many guy friends

Disco

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 02:43 pm
Are you asking for trouble if you go out with a girl who has TONS of guy friends? I mean she has friends that are girls as well, but the majority are guys, in which she is, from time to time, flirty with.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,319 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 02:49 pm
I am a girl and almost all of my friends are guys.. I just don't get along with other girls... I have some friends that are girls.. but few..... It may seem like she is flirting a little to you, and she could be, but I look at most of my guy friends and consider them brothers....I dunno, depends on the girl!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 03:04 pm
WEEEEELLLLLLLL.......I'm a gurllllll......and 75% of my friends are men. Married men at that...we flirt...at times and it means nothing. I take it with a grain of salt.

I think you should too...

The only way your asking for trouble is if you make a big deal out of it and try to put a stop to it. If you just started to date...go with the flow and see whats up with it. If it still bothers you..find a wall flower.
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 03:08 pm
My wife has mostly male friends, and it has become a problem recently. I'm sure you're not looking that far into the future, so try it out and see ...

In general, girls just don't make the best friends because they're backstabbing and selfish ... (yes, I'm asking for trouble). Cool So how can you blame females who want male friends??
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 03:18 pm
LOL@DestinysDad

Quote:
In general, girls just don't make the best friends because they're backstabbing and selfish ... (yes, I'm asking for trouble). So how can you blame females who want male friends??

Naaaaa..........your not in trouble. Or atleast with me..lol I agree...I have women friends, but they are far less numerous than the men. Those that I have had....I have HAD for years.

Men are just more simpler when it comes to the things that we want to talk about. They don't tend to gossip...they just seem to store it away and its there to talk to them about later on when you want to dig it back up.

Alot of women I know...can't way to get on the phone and tell thier next friend...who tells the next one and so on........

*edited...got the wrong daddy name...haha
0 Replies

Disco

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:26 am
Hahah, I guess that's true. Us men are simpler folk Smile
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 05:23 pm
I'm a girl
I basically have 2 good female friends. There are other girls i used to hang out with in like year 7 and still hang with but i'm not really close to any of them, even Em and Nicky who are the closest thing to girlfriends i have
All of my best friends are lads... i just get on with them a lot better - they're far simpler and i'm quite a tom boy too.
I'm also, i must admit, pretty flirty. But i'd never consider doing nefing with ne of them. It depends on teh girl, but if she's like me then you're fine. If anything you're in a good position because i tend to find girls who hav a lot of lad mates r easier to deal with - we tend not to play games!!!
0 Replies

lilj103

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 07:26 pm
im a girl...and most of my friends are guys...jus like other girls..most girls have mainly guy friends...its jus how it is...I get along with guys better than girls..my guys friends are like brothers to me...I have a different relationship with each of my guy friends..i have very few girl friends...dont make it a big deal...cause guy friends will always be there..and im sure she may trust them more than u..and if u try to stop her from hangin out with them or nething she may dumb u over it..so be safe...
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 03:17 am
GOD lilJ103!!! Please stop talking like that. You don't have to write with good grammar, just wright a complete sentence for once.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 04:00 am
Like the others, I'm also a girl who has always had few girl friends, but tons of guy friends. Makemeshiver has the same take on it as I have. I'm far more comfortable talking with men and I really hate gossiping, which many women tend to do. Not all women gossip, of course (don't want to get myself in trouble here), it's just that I feel like I can totally be myself around guys. The women I do tend to be friends with are very easy going gals like MMS. I've always been just a little bit of a tom boy and I've always been uncomfortable around prim and proper women.
Anyway, my advice is to let it be. I don't get romantically involved with any of my guy FRIENDS, so the same probably applies with her.
Also, I've been known to flirt a bit with my friends, but that's as far as it goes.
Now if she openly flirts heavily with them right in front of your face, I can see your point and if that's the case, I would simply have a little talk with her about it and let her know that it kinda bugs you.
Good luck to you :-D
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 04:10 am
You can never have too many friends!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 04:16 am
So true. That's why I love A2K with my never ending friends :-D
0 Replies

Disco

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 02:16 pm
The reason why I'm asking is because this is EXACTLY what happened with my ex. We were good friends for about 2 years before anything happened. She one day started liking me, out of the blue. Now, I'm afraid if I go out with someone who has too many guy friends, the same thing will happen.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 10:16 pm
The only thing I can say is that if you don't give it a try, you'll never never know.

Good luck.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:58 pm
Hi, I am a girl and ALL my best friends are guys. When I woz going out with someone else I was still flirty with my friends, if ur girl is flirty she might just be a bit attention seeking (like me!!) make sure ur paying her enough attention and if u are still worried talk to her tactfully...

Good luck!!! :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 02:57 pm
I like guy friends because you can do things with them you can't with other girls. Like burp and fart and act like a complete ass at the bar.....guys are way more laid back.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 02:58 pm
Disco wrote:
The reason why I'm asking is because this is EXACTLY what happened with my ex. We were good friends for about 2 years before anything happened. She one day started liking me, out of the blue. Now, I'm afraid if I go out with someone who has too many guy friends, the same thing will happen.

You can't stop living because something might happen. She might fall for one of her friends, this is true. But why would you want her then anyway, if she wanted someone else? If it is meant to be, it's meant to be. I'd say relax, and date the girl.
0 Replies

the wise

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 11:06 pm
It is totally asking for trouble if you ask me.
But it definitely depends on the girl.
If your girl is beautiful and she lets a bunch of guys hang around her, thats just trouble brewing. Most guys I know can't take that kind of stuff. Especially if they hang out with other guys more than them. As far as the simpler comment goes, thats only because guys think about a couple things and girls that hang around those kinds of guys(most guys) act like they dont know whats really going on. Most guys that hang around pretty girls just haven't worked up the courage yet, or have had the time to make their move. Most exceptions to this rule is childhood friends and that sort of thing. The easiest way is to talk to this girl and see if she respects your point of view or not.
0 Replies

huskies baby

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 01:12 pm
The_wise is indeed wise. Your girlfriend is probably telling you the truth that she's not romantically interested in her guy friends. At the moment. As long as everything is rosy between you and her, it will not be a problem. But when things get rough, like they always do eventually, who is she going to turn to? Why, her friends of course. Bummer, cuz her friends are all guys. And you can be damn sure that at least one of those so-called friends is a wolf in sheep's clothing, waiting for his chance to pounce. So basically what I'm trying to say is, your girlfriend's intentions might be pure as the driven snow, but some, if not all, of her guy friends' intentions are not. I'm just relating something that happened to me. Go with your gut...
0 Replies

the wise

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 01:45 am
Thank you Huskies, but Disco the best advice I can give you is to be honest with her on how you feel. Make sure she is open about things, so that the trust that binds you two together doesn't get knotted. The worst case scenario is that you feel like she is hiding things from you and that you are always suspicious of her. Depending upon the seriousness of the relationship, see if her guy friends can become your friends too(be advised that pushing this is dangerous). Just put it all out in the open to avoid problems and hurt.
0 Replies