More trouble for DeLay

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 07:56 pm
DrewDad wrote:
"The other guy did it, too" is neither a valid defense nor a valid argument.

Maybe if the Democrats were willing to go after Pelosi for the same thing.

But if they expect to give Pelosi a pass while lynching DeLay, I say it is a valid defense and a valid argument.

(This presumes that DeLay even did anything wrong. Given DNC abuses with ethics charges, it is a safe bet that DeLay is clean.)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 01:26 pm
oralloy wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

But if they expect to give Pelosi a pass while lynching DeLay, I say it is a valid defense and a valid argument.

If DeLay broke the rules, then Delay broke the rules. If Pelosi broke the rules, then Pelosi broke the rules. The same rules apply to everyone.

oralloy wrote:
(This presumes that DeLay even did anything wrong. Given DNC abuses with ethics charges, it is a safe bet that DeLay is clean.)

Hahahahahaha! Thanks for that...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 01:47 pm
I really don't want to lose Delay, he is a ripe target for the "values agenda" of the right wing. While I continue to see the numb-nuts running the dem party trip over their shoe-laces I am also watching the repubs self-destruct (as usual) by their hubris. Politics is, after all, the basis for mass entertainment.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 01:57 pm
The same self-destruction that caused the tremendous loss of ground in the last election dyslexia?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 02:00 pm
What tremendous loss of ground?

The president was already Republican; the supreme court hasn't changed; the Republicans picked up several congressmen, enough for a majority, but that had more to do with redistricting in Texas than it did with people getting voted out. Democrats actually picked up seats in many Western states and I believe there was a net increase in Democratic Governors, though I'm not sure.

What exactly was the massive loss of ground?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 02:04 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What tremendous loss of ground?

The president was already Republican; the supreme court hasn't changed; the Republicans picked up several congressmen, enough for a majority, but that had more to do with redistricting in Texas than it did with people getting voted out. Democrats actually picked up seats in many Western states and I believe there was a net increase in Democratic Governors, though I'm not sure.

What exactly was the massive loss of ground?

Cycloptichorn

Laughing

It was sarcasm, Cyclo.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 02:13 pm
Delay went on a trip funded by a registered lobbyist.

A Pelosi staffer went on a trip from the same lobbyist.

I fail to see how a CONGRESSMAN is the SAME as a staffer. Staff can be fired. Congressmen require investigations.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 02:15 pm
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/050316/huffaker.gif

Things are getting nasty!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 02:22 pm
And of course Newt was never found to have violated any ethics rules. ROFLMBO

Lets see what the House says
"...on Jan. 21, 1997 the full House voted 395-28 to approve the House ethics committee's punishment of a reprimand plus a $300,000 penalty."

Sure.. uh uh.. Newt never did anything wrong. I didn't realize there were 395 Democratic members of the house in 1997. Wake up and deal with real facts oralloy.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 02:40 pm
oralloy wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

Um, I guess three rebukes from your fellow Republicans means doing nothing wrong in oralloy's world.

This seems to be a classic case of what Jeff Gannon described as being "divorced from reality." Laughing
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:51 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Um, I guess three rebukes from your fellow Republicans means doing nothing wrong in oralloy's world.

The fact that rank and file Republicans did not stand up to the Democrats' witch hunts, and just meekly went along with them, does not mean that the charges were valid.

Dookiestix wrote:
This seems to be a classic case of what Jeff Gannon described as being "divorced from reality." Laughing

Nope. The reality is that House Democrats have a proven history of making fictitious charges against Republicans.

There is nothing to see here with DeLay. Just another case of the DNC trumping up false charges against a good man.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:52 pm
parados wrote:
And of course Newt was never found to have violated any ethics rules. ROFLMBO

Lets see what the House says
"...on Jan. 21, 1997 the full House voted 395-28 to approve the House ethics committee's punishment of a reprimand plus a $300,000 penalty."

That is one of the witch hunts that the Democrats conducted against Newt.

The fact that the witch hunt was successful does not mean it was not a witch hunt.

parados wrote:
Wake up and deal with real facts oralloy.

I'm awake.

The facts are that the Democrats have a proven history of making such false charges against Republicans.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:55 pm
parados wrote:
Delay went on a trip funded by a registered lobbyist.

A Pelosi staffer went on a trip from the same lobbyist.

I fail to see how a CONGRESSMAN is the SAME as a staffer. Staff can be fired. Congressmen require investigations.

Fair enough.

Will Pelosi's staffer be fired do you think?

Or promoted?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 05:15 pm
I think a more pertinent question right now is whether you're willing or not to see a shrink regarding those delusional fantasies of yours...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 05:51 pm
I'll call for firing Pelosi's staffer when you call for an investigtion of Delay.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:40 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
I think a more pertinent question right now is whether you're willing or not to see a shrink regarding those delusional fantasies of yours...

Rolling Eyes

Your refusal to accept the reality of Democratic demagoguery does not make it delusional or fantasy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:46 pm
parados wrote:
I'll call for firing Pelosi's staffer when you call for an investigtion of Delay.

I'll call for pursuing both DeLay and the staffer for possible violations, when the DNC publicly admits that Newt did nothing wrong, and repays him the $5 million that their witch hunts cost him, and then publicly admits that Clinton committed perjury and obstruction, and should have been removed from office like Nixon.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:58 pm
Where do you live, oralloy? I can make a few calls and find a good doctor in your area.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 09:11 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Where do you live, oralloy? I can make a few calls and find a good doctor in your area.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 09:26 pm
I think Newt Gingrich is posting on A2K under the screen name of oralloy....

Any more conspiracy theories you'd like to share with us?
0 Replies