English Translation

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 07:31 pm
Hello. I'm new to the list, so bear with me here. I did a search on Yahoo for English to Latin translation and go this site. So I joined. I may only need one answer right now, but hey, you never know. I'm always looking to broaden my horizons. Anyway, my question is this: Can anyone translate the following phrase into Latin: Let the Seller beware.
I am writing an article for a trade paper with regards to credit card fraud and I want this to be the title. Appreciate any help. Thanks. Vicky (By the way, Dynamic Scales is my company name - but my name is Vicky. So call me Vicky, not Dynamic ok?)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 466 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Instigate

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:03 pm
Caveat Venditor?
0 Replies

Dynamic Scales

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:24 pm
English Translation
Caveat Venditor. You state that with a question mark. Are you sure or are you asking too? Caveat Emptor is Let the Buyer Beware. That is about all the Latin I know. What's the matter with everyone? Doesn't anyone know Latin anymore these days? What if you happen to meet a Roman solider or gladiator someday? We're talking major use of the language here! :wink:
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:47 pm
I just ventured a guess. I do not know if it correct. Emptor is buyer and Venditor is seller, and they both end in "or" so I just switched em. The people fluent in Latin will probably be on here early tomorrow.

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0059%3Aentry%3D%2350409
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 04:03 pm
Caveat venditor is correct.
0 Replies