Get over it.

SCoates

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 03:23 pm
I'm curious for input from anyone who has had multiple breakups from serious relationships, especially divorce.

My question: does it get easier to get over loved ones with each instance? If you've been divorced multiple times, was it much less devastating each time, or is it always devastating.

Of course, it matters greatly on how attached to them you actually were, but I'm more concerned with the mind's ability to handle the situation increasing, rather than the severity of the situation decreasing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,073 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Tenoch

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 10:48 pm
No divorce here, but from my personal experience it does not get easier. Even though you might be more experienced, if you really loved the person and opened up to them any brakeup is hard. If you're afraid of rejection and being dumped I don't think being in love is possible.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 06:08 am
SCoates- I would question why a person has had multiple divorces. Once, ok, you made a mistake. Twice, it COULD happen. Anybody who has been married and divorced more than twice needs to look into himself, and figure out what went wrong, and what was his culpability in the situation.
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 10:47 am
Agree with Tenoch.

What brings this question on? Are you in the midst or on the brink of another break up?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 11:44 am
I've found that breakups get easier only because you don't go through the same trauma of fearing that you'll hurt forever or that you'll never get over it, never get better, never find anyone new. Experience teaches you that the pain will subside, you will get over it and yes, there will be another love, if you open yourself up to it.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 03:31 pm
No, DestinysDad, I had one devastating breakup in highschool, and I just feel if I had to go through the same thing again it wouldn't be nearly so traumatic.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 10:28 am
Re: Get over it.
SCoates wrote:
My question: does it get easier to get over loved ones with each instance?

For me no. Though it does get harder to love again with each instance.

This is talking relationships and I haven't ever been in one longer than a year. I've never experienced divorce.
0 Replies