Best dang donut in the world

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 11:20 pm
All of us have come across a very good donut that exceeds anything we've ever eaten. We have such a place here in Silicon Valley that makes the best donuts in the whole wide world, and it's called "Stans." I don't go there frequently, because I try to watch my diet, but when I do, I can savor the full cakey flavor of the glazed donut I have with a cup of joe. Anybody else have a "best dang donut place?" c.i.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,017 • Replies: 6
No top replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 08:51 am
I wish we had dang donuts here in Germany!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 10:45 am
I can't believe this... only TWO responses?

I am very fond of that Holy Grail of doughnuts, the "Spud-Nut." There is something about the flavor of potato flour which blends wonderfully well with the sugar and the fat. If you like Potato Flour bread, you'll love Spud-Nuts.

The Spud-Nuts I remember looked like a typical glazed doughnut -- not a cake doughnut, but a raised one -- however, instead of air, as is frequently the case with a Krispie Kreme, there was a delicate tracery of finely cooked dough, enclosed in a lucious and still dripping sugar glaze. Uhmmmmm, uhmmmmmm good.

I wonder, CI, if the Stan's donut, which you say has a cakey flavor, is like this? YOu are so right, donuts go best with coffee. I'll take mine black (saving calories, doncha know!).

Heehee -- I'm also teasing BigDice just a little. I hope that you'll get to have a donut or two in Florida. What a great trip for you and Urs! I KNOW there will be donut shops all over. Be sure to try my current favorite (since Spud-Nuts cannot be found anymore) -- a Maple Bar. Oh, I think you'll like one of those. My daughter, who works in a bakery, says that maple bars and glazed doughnuts are the most popular, followed by chocolate covered-glazed and apple fritters. I suggest you try them all!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:49 am
Piffka, Your daughter knows of which she speaks; my second favorite after glazed donut is the maple bar. Wink I guess that makes me somewhat 'normal.' Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:50 am
.....or should that be 'average.' LOL
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:13 pm
Do you always try to pick the one with the most maple frosting on it?? Then you'd be 'discerning'!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:39 pm
No, I'm never that particular about anything about food. If it's half decent, I'll eat it. Wink c.i.
0 Replies