Why would a perfect God have its creation suffer on Earth?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 08:18 am
zog wrote:
The people voted in the law makers. The laws were made by those elected representatives, and at this present stage of the situation, it is considered that none of the peoples laws are being broken.
Due process in this particular matter cannot really be disputed effectively, as this case has been reviewed by various appeals on many occasions, with various legal experts spending thousands of hours on the matter.
It now looks as if the situation will not be reversed.
I cannot comment on what I feel about the matter, due to lack of intimate knowledge about who said what, to whom regarding the prolonging of life.
Only Mr and Mrs Shiavo know what her instructions were, I believe.
If I had real confirmation that it was her wish that she did not want to have her life prolonged, I would probably have taken the same action as her husband.
One of the main implications of all this, is that it may set some form of precedent.[/[/b]quote]

Ya think? Sneaky sneaky, who'd have thought of that? Laughing
0 Replies

zog

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:33 am
Well, it does in our legal system. I was not too sure about yours, that is why I used the word MAY.

And your whole take on the situation IS ..............??
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 04:01 pm
Zog my Gene Simmons like friend, we seem to be in perfect agreement.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 08:34 pm
I just wanna know if it's OK for zog from the mothership to be talking to some-one from Roswell....that has to be against some kinda secret law !
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:10 pm
Is there any possibility you Zog, and you bvt, are the same person, signed up as two different personalities? I notice you both have the same join date and you both have an interest in/are aliens.

Is this something that's been addressed that I missed?
0 Replies

zog

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 04:47 am
No truth to the conspiracy theory I am afraid. Although I have retrieved brain tissue from the Blue Veined one, and he now carries a locater.
I think that his original point of origin was different to the Roswell one he now uses. He will be able to tell you more.
If he is not forthcoming, just let me know and I will book him in for the deluxe mind probe abduction, which has a special offer running in April.

Although, if he IS from Roswell, he may know where my Aunty Gladys is being kept..................
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 07:18 am
Quote:
We KNOW your origins.......we put you here.

Pleeeaaase, tell us where we came from, oh intelligent one, and let us be rid of these petty arguments. Shocked
0 Replies

MJB919

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 03:10 am
God doesn't make us suffer. He gives us free will and we use it to make each other suffer. All he can do is sin us for it.
0 Replies

Ladicha

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:27 am
RESPOND
Sorry Zog I really cant relate to your suject, but to respond to Mesqiute, You wrote How is God mercyful, and how any literal reading of the bible can deduce a mercyful God?

Well my oppion You first have to believe what you are reading as well as believe in God inorder to grasp the true meaning of the bible and what God is saying as well as his followers that wrote the bibe.(not saying that you dont believe, but for those who may not) Then you will see that God mercy kicks in when we are being disobediant to his word that he left for us as a guide and law to understand that he is a forgiving God and we dont have to be cast into that horrible lake of fire for the devil to have someone to torture but we choose where we want to live eternity and if we make the choice to go to hell or not serve him who has created us then we have chosen where we will lift our eyes, but we have then again the grace and mercy of God to give us again chance after chance to change our lives for the best and benifit from the blessings that can be given to us on earth as well as in heaven if we believe.
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:13 pm
Because god is one big A-HOLE thats why..... why would he let adam and eve be tempted by the tree of the knowledge of good and evil... psh why did he even plant the freakin thing... lol
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 02:54 am
Eorl wrote:
I just wanna know if it's OK for zog from the mothership to be talking to some-one from Roswell....that has to be against some kinda secret law !

damn straight it is :wink: Razz Surprised
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 02:56 am
MJB919 wrote:
God doesn't make us suffer. He gives us free will and we use it to make each other suffer. All he can do is sin us for it.

wow ... thats pretty lame ... how can god sin us for what??? Razz Laughing

plus heres a great idea that god had DING Idea Question

all make all my little people want to sin against each-other so there will be a constant flow of souls into my wonderful glowing lake of fire ! Exclamation Twisted Evil Razz
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 02:57 am
Biliskner wrote:
Biliskner wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Other than the Bible or other religious writings you see nothing of the kind.

other than historical books on wars, you see no other evidence of WWII.

other than poetry, you see no other evidence of Shakespear's existence.

happy?

I am very happy thank you Very Happy
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:00 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Ladicha wrote:
but GOD being the mercyful God that he is, he didnt detroy saton but he cast him down into the earth in a lake of fire which is now hell.

I take it that you read the Bible very literally, and in that light it puzzles me how you can characterize being cast into a lake of fire for eternity as being merciful. Could it be because of the bad people that God tosses to Lucifer as play toys? Seriously, it is beyond me how any literal reading of the Bible can deduce a merciful God.
But think about how bad we are, we constantly are turning our back to him. He gives us chance after chance, that sounds merciful to me. He has given us the oppurtunity of forgiveness, all we must do is kneel down, and humble ourselves before him...that sounds pretty loving to me, considering how puny and pathetic we are compared to him.

so it's pretty much we just turn our backs... repent...turn our backs.... repent... no wonder god drown the entire stupid little human race..... holy buddha if I was god I'd sent this earth on fire by now!!!!
0 Replies

banks

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 12:55 am
what is God?
Perhaps people need to change the way they view God. People who do believe in God view God as an individual, or an intelligent being that somehow thinks and reasons very much as we do.

Why?

Others view God simply as an energy or spirit that is in everything, and that this energy is one that allows life in all forms, be it animal, vegetable, or mineral, to come to be.

This energy is able to initiate the creation of anything, but whatever is created, is then at the mercy of the universe.

What do I mean you ask?

Well, perhaps God is merely a creating energy of good intention. This energy has the ability to set creation in motion, and always with good intention. But.....

What if God does not reason like humans?

What if God does not reason at all?

What if God does not have the power of observation?

What if God is just an energy that creates, not to be our ruler or parental deity, but rather God creates because it can.

When you think about it, mankind has given God this parental responsibility over humankind, but how do we even know that God is an individual? We don't, but religion has programmed us to think that way.

I am a parent with two kids, but at one point, they will be free to make all of their own decisions with no help or hinderance from me.

Should I be held accountable for their adult decisions?

Should I have to fix all their adulthood problems?

And would it not help them learn from it, to have to fix their own mistakes?

Again though, this line of reason is only relevant if you think that God reasons as we do.....which I don't.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 08:54 am
Quote:
so it's pretty much we just turn our backs... repent...turn our backs.... repent... no wonder god drown the entire stupid little human race..... holy buddha if I was god I'd sent this earth on fire by now!!!!

that's why he judges our hearts, not our actions.
0 Replies

the sleeper

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:06 am
then he don't wanna look at my heart, it's to powerfull for even him, i know i know, your going to hell for that, right, oh well, if he really loved me, then he would accept me even though i say stupid things. if not, well, then i'm going to hell.
0 Replies

banks

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 02:52 pm
ten commandments
[that's why he judges our hearts, not our actions.[/quote]
Quote:

I don't know if I can even recall all of the ten commandments, but to name a few:

Thou shalt not worship false Gods before me. - action

thou shalt not commit adultery. - action

thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vein. - action

thou shalt not kill. - action

All of the above are hell worthy sins and are actions.
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 10:58 am
I guess I have always viewed God from a bit of a Deist perspective - that is, he is all powerful, but has given Human beings free will as an act of mercy and kindness. My ability to reason and choose for myself is something I value highly. As a consequence of this free will, the Lord has to deal with the fact that his creations will not always love Him (i.e. sin against Him and His other creations). That is not to say that God does not sometimes put his hand into the workings of the world. I am a firm believer in miracles. I also believe that if we pray hard enough, God will probably not solve our problems for us, but will enhance our abilities to solve them for ourselves - that is, inspire in us courage, strength, intellect, love, and wisdom. Though, Im not adverse to selfishly asking for God to solve my petty problems, I'm never surprised or angry when he doesn't.

On a side note, I once had somebody tell me that without suffering and pain, the feeling of happiness wouldn't mean as much. I think this is very true. Also, I believe in Peace with my whole heart. But humans are humans, and we cause ourselves pain...therefore, we must take responsibility for that. Even if God is loving, how is it his responsibility to bail us out of our own stupidity.

These are just a few of my musings on the subject. I could be more organized about it, but its off the cuff.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 10:59 pm
I think he just enjoys the suffering and the fear. It's pretty easy to see that in the bible. You can't know WHY he enjoys it because you aren't omniscient, but he did make more sadists in his own image than saints so you do the math!
0 Replies