Nemesis strikes carpetbagger Keyes

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 02:48 pm
Thanks Nimh. I figure it this way. A2K would be a pretty boring place if we all thought alike. So I figure there's room for all of us. Plus I am pretty thick-skinned and can accept that some around here won't always agree with me. Even though I think they should. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 02:53 pm
I like your bottom line in that you love your kid, Coastal Rat. My sense of you is even if you disapproved of something, you wouldn't stop loving/talking. You don't have to financially support someone to prove your love - and it does seem that Ms. Keyes big hurt is not from loss of financial support. Or at least that seems to be what she's said.

I do think that firing her when she'd been an active campaigner/supporter for her dad was a bit rough, but her parents have bigger things to resolve in their hearts and minds than what they did to their daughter financially.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 03:05 pm
See, I knew we could find a little bit of agreement between us. I hope all she is concerned about is her parents' lack of affection because of her choices. (I know I keep using that word choice, but ya gotta cut me some slack because that is what I think it is) I feel sorry for her parents if they are really cutting off all contact with her simply because of her lifestyle. On that point I think we are mostly in agreement about the type of person Mr. Keyes is in that case.

The only point of my original posting that got me embroiled in this was that her life, dreams or whatever have not been ruined/destroyed or whatever by what her parents have chosen to do. That attitude reeks of a lack of responsibility for one's own life (if you get my meaning). Anyway, it has been fun discussing it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:39 pm
Well, I agree with you that something reeks...
0 Replies