Year12 English Speech

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:15 pm
I have to do a speech in English-Year 12.

I need some help in choosing a topic.

Could people give me suggestions?

Thanks heaps
Crazynutt
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 838 • Replies: 8
No top replies

puffthemajicdragonallday

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 08:05 pm
ozzy weed vs amsterdam and canada
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 08:09 pm
limits???
0 Replies

Crazynutt

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 10:56 pm
Well, if you want to get picky...

There are six guidlines which it needs to be one or more of.

1. A presentation of a point of view on a current issue
2. A commentary on the methods of presentation of an issue in the media
3. A dramatic performance based on an interpretation of one or more texts
4. A presentation of complex information related to the context of a specific industry or workplace
5. A presentation of complex instructional material: dealing with feedback and questions
6. Modelling or demonstration of complex tasks or procedures: dealing with feedback and questions

Pretty much, anything I like.

And it is being presented to my teacher so, I somehow don't think 'weed vs weed' will cut it... Confused
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:33 am
Got any passions? Or passionate views on any subject? Got any in-depth knowledge of a field? I ask because, if you do, it will make researching the subject a lot easier.

4. A presentation of complex information related to the context of a specific industry or workplace
What specific things must occur in order for an Australian rock band first to succeed at home and then emerge onto the world's stage?

1. A presentation of a point of view on a current issue
The importance, or lack thereof, of government based social works programs for retirement or health. (pick one)

I'd really like to know what you are interested in, read a few threads here regarding world events, Iraq, media coverage of the conflict there, political thought and diversity and see what you think.

regards

Joe(2. A commentary on the methods of presentation of an issue in the media. Why the government gets to lie freely and I get caught every time. A examination of prevarication as a national policy and how it's viewed by the nation's media.) Nation
0 Replies

Crazynutt

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 10:07 pm
Thanks Joe, my passions are as follows:

... Computers
... Music
...... I play trombone and piano
... Audio production

I'm not sure about suggestions one and two but I was quite intrigued by your last suggestion. (government lies)
Are you able to give me more info about this?

Thanks heaps
Crazynutt
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 05:04 am
Good morning:

Quote:
2. A commentary on the methods of presentation of an issue in the media. Why the government gets to lie freely and I get caught every time. A examination of prevarication as a national policy and how it's viewed by the nation's media.

I was being funny, but it's a serious subject.

I think what you would be looking at is how faithful to the truth a government has to be and whether in a democracy there is a greater expectation of transparency than there would be under an more authoritarian government If, in fact, the people in a democracy are being told things that reflect reality rather than an idealogy held by their leaders.

Combined with that having a look at whether the media has a responsiblity to report truth as they discover it or can they support a particular view of the world for a variety of reasons, loyalty to the party in power for example. And (he went on windedly) if there is some point at which the need to stay in power conflicts with the responsibility to tell the facts of the matter and what the free media's role in that conflict is.

This is still too broad, but you can hone it down.

Yes, you can.

Joe
0 Replies

Crazynutt

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 01:44 am
Thanks Joe,
I think that the subject6 of Government Lies is a little too big for me.
I have decided to go with 'The Trombone"

Wish me luck.

I am presenting on March 1st.

Thanks again.

Crazynutt
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:35 am
Good. The trombone is an odd thing that as you change the shape of it provides completely differing results. Hey, that sounds like a government.

Joe(Best of Luck)Nation
0 Replies