signing over my rights

ebrown p

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 03:27 pm
@Montana,
Quote:
When you make babies, you can't just wipe your hands of them, simply because you don't want them.

Unless you are a woman.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 03:29 pm
@LittleWing13,
Quote:
BLEH! Society these days is made up of a bunch of whiners & crybabies, and the sad part is, like stated before, the children are the victims! Think about it and actually listen to yourselves

I love irony!
0 Replies

meme783

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 11:11 am
i agree with tmgolden.. why is that a man can't MAKE a woman have an abortion cuz its "her body" but a woman can MAKE a man be a father to child he doesn't want or care for and has deeply expressed to the pregnant woman that he doesn't want the child or her.. where do his rights of choice come in to play in all this?. i think that if a unwed woman is that irresponsible and comes out prego and the father doesn't want it then she should be the only person responsible for that child since she's the only one who wants it.. why does she have the right to decide that mans future but the man doesn't have the right to have the pregnancy terminated since its his child to.. where is the justice in that?. and everyone talks about the child's rights.. oh please
mm25075

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 04:48 pm
@meme783,
It takes both a man and woman for a baby to be created. It is both of their right/responsibility to do what it takes either for the baby to be made or prevented.

Having an abortion is a surgery that is completed. Voluntarily. Since the woman bares the responbility of carrying the baby, it is utlimately HER health which is impacted. The woman has a choice about what happens to her body.

Note that the above statements are TWO distinct things which happen at different times. They are not mutually exclusive therefore the man really has only ONE opportunity to decide he does not want a baby. That lies at the time of the act, not at the time of potential for abortion.
meme783

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 11:28 am
@mm25075,
I get that it is her body but the man should still have a choice as to weather or not he wants to be a father to that child without being legally obligated if he decides he doesn't want it. there is a pill women can take to have an abortion they don't have to go thru the surgey.
0 Replies

djcyber

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 12:33 am
Lets just get down to the point. Like our poor excuse for a justice system. Its all about money. The only way to truely get anything right. You have to take the money out of the equation. But since we are slaves to money. That will never happen.....

Sad really.
0 Replies

Cassidyt2

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 02:33 pm
@ahy,
If you are the father, you have an obligation to your child. Just because you are legally responsible for the child. you can't abandon him/her like that.
0 Replies

TriedANDTiredFather

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 05:01 am
@Montana,
I am kind of in Ahy's situation myself, and to be honest, the whole thing about wiping your hands is false. Women have the choice to wipe their hands at any given point, and do it all the time. Whether its abortion or adoption, women have the option. It takes two to make a baby...but it only takes one to have it. Also, if you are a heterosexual male, then you are automatically agreeing to be a father.

Ahy, I completely understand where you are coming from. The fact that you don't want to be a part of this childs life does not make you a bad person, no matter what anyone says. Nevertheless right now you are on the hook for support, unless you can talk the mother into letting you sign over your rights and the judge agrees. Your best bet is getting the case out of TX, and bringing it to your home state. Get a lawyer, contest the constitutionality of the AG's decision (could be a violation of rights protected under the Due Process clause of the 14th ammendment), and don't sign anything.

0 Replies

TriedANDTiredFather

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 05:13 am
@Devious Britches,
First off devious, you need to be more careful with your punctuation and grammar. Second, sex is as natural as child birth, granted, but everyone in america can have sex without bearing or being responsible for rearring a child, except for heterosexual men. Its ok for women to avoid there responsibilities if they decide to do so, but not for men right(e.g. abortion or adoption)? Its the man's fault the mother decided to go forth with child birth without being prepared or able to provide support for said child on her own? Sorry but I can't see it any other way...
0 Replies

TriedANDTiredFather

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 05:33 am
@Debra Law,
Debra Law, I really feel like your responses (and those like it) are rediculous. You do not have to cum inside of a woman to get her pregnant, nor are you 100% protected when using condoms or birth control. Both statements have been tried and proven.

People who take on a similar stance as yourself have never been, or known anyone, in this situation. It is a constant struggle, and it wears a person down. If you don't think the child will be affected by this, then you are sadly mistaken. When do you think about the best interest of the child, before or after its put in this situation?
0 Replies