A question....

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 09:47 pm
I'm a student nurse. I just had a case of assisting a surgeon doing cholecystectomy to a client. What the books tell me is that a drain should be placed after removing the gall bladder. What he did was sew it all up without any drains at all. Is this good or bad?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 604 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 10:23 pm
Re: A question....
megalomax wrote:
I'm a student nurse. I just had a case of assisting a surgeon doing cholecystectomy to a client. What the books tell me is that a drain should be placed after removing the gall bladder. What he did was sew it all up without any drains at all. Is this good or bad?

I wish I knew! I know when my cousin had her gall bladder removed, they put in a drainage tube.. My father is slated for a laproscopic cholecystectomy next week, unless once they get in there and find exactly how much "stuff" is really in there.. There is no guarantee that he may not go under the knife...but I sure hope not! Let me know what YOU find out if you would be so kind? Smile
0 Replies