Venting but feel free to share any opinions

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:23 pm
Ehbeth--

Thanks for the kind words.

OC--

I'm glad you'll be a regular. You're an interesting person.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:24 pm
Ehbeth--

OC--

I'm glad you'll be a regular. You're an interesting person.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:27 pm
ehBeth--

OC--

I'm glad you're going to be a regular. You're an interesting person.
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 06:27 pm
I tried talking to my mom about the whole thing. she said that she cant see how she puts her boyfriend infront of me. she said that there was no way she was doing it because she gives me money and buys me stuff if i need it. i told her money wasnt everything and she tried to blame me. I asked her if she wanted to go out to eat on Valentines day AFTER i asked someone else if they wanted to do something but they said they didnt know and when they called back i didnt know what to do, go with my mom or go with the person i asked first. I asked my mom if she minded that i go with him and take a rain check and she said she didnt care. i asked her over and over again and she said she would take the rain check. Im prettty sure i wont get that rain check because my mom cant go anywhere with just me if he's off.

I asked her a while ago if we could make wednesdays our day out and she said after complaining that wednesdays were his days off that we would. so the next week i asked her about and she said she couldnt that night. we havent been out together just the two of us i think since then. I honestly cant see how she doesnt see how shes basically abandening me. I need time with my mom, just the two of us. but if i were to ask her if we could go do something i would either get a what about "him" or i dont have any money. there are alot of things we could do that cost little to no money.

Could she be tired of putting up with me? or not like me?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 03:03 pm
oc--

One of the most confusing scenarios in the world is when a person you love--and try to respect--says one thing and does another.

The technical term is "cognative dissonance" The non-technical term is crazymaking.

Your mother wants to be a good mother--but she doesn't want to put in the time and effort that being a good mother requires. This sort of behavior is very stressful--particularly for you.

How old was your mother when your sister was born?
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 09:39 pm
she was 20 and 22 when she had me
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 02:59 pm
She probably feels that she was tied down early and therefore deserves her time as a carefree adult.

The notion that parenting is a 20-25 year proposition is a notion that she doesn't want to embrace.

oc--

In spite of your parents--and a very confusing world--you seem to have both common sense and sensible values. Your mother is a bit of a nitwit--has she sighed ruefully, "But I'm too young to be a grandmother...." yet?

A2K is a good place for you to get to know some sensible women. Our only practical value is that we listen--but we're good at listening.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies