Venting but feel free to share any opinions

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:19 pm
Im basicall just Venting here but if anyone has any opinions feel free to share.

my sis is in labor and my mom called to let us know whjat was up but i didnt get to talk to her cuz her bf annswered the phine in the bedroom cuz he's "sick" and never even bothered to let me ki ow what was up with her its my sister and no one bothers to tell me whats going on with her
i want to know whats the hell is happening with my sister but i have no clue
i dont think im gunna go to school tomorrow
i dont give a sh*t what my moms boyfriend thinks
i freaking HATE him
my mom spends all her time worring about him and payds hardly no attention to me
last year she came to i think maybe 2 softball games when she could have came to most of them but she couldnt because "he" wanted to go for a walk
im sick of it
the same freaking thing happened to me at my dads house and i left because of it
but i cant leave it now cuz i have nowhere to go. i dont know what to do. ive tried talking to my mom about it and she said she wouldnt do it as much and it lasted maybe a day. im just soo confused (and PMSing)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,836 • Replies: 26
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:24 pm
That's lousy that your family can't get it together for you, oc. Seriously. My hairdresser's a single mom with 3 boys, and she makes sure she gets to all of their sporting events. I really admire her for making that effort, because everybody would excuse her if she didn't. I have a lot of trouble respecting people who don't make sure their kids are number one in their lives.

It's great that you are going to be an aunt though. Do you know if it's going to be a boy or a girl?
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:35 pm
actually my mom just called and i beat him to the phone and found out she had a baby boy. this is her third kid. 2boys, 1girl. dont know how they are doing but i heard him cring in the background.

i have two really bad parents. my sister is an awesome mother. im happy that my niece and nephews will have at least one good parent that is there for them. my mom tries sometimes but she is just putting on an act. i dont have anywhere to go but i seriously want out of here. im fed up with being put last when i should be first.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:45 pm
Sounds like your sister has a full house now - 3 kids! It also sounds like she learned how to be a good parent - I'm betting there are gonna be good things in the future for you too, oc.

It is sad that some parents seem to have become parents because it was the 'right thing' to do, not because they wanted to, or because they had the skills to be good parents. It's hard to understand how it happened/happens, but it does. Do you have other adults around you who you feel really care about who you are, oc? Grandparents/aunts/uncles/family friends?
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:52 pm
my ex's parents. theyd do anything for me. but if i went to them things would be weird between me and my ex.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 11:29 am
Sorry you don't get the support you need from your parents, OC. How close are you to graduating? I'm not sure what you can do to change your situation other than continue to let your mother know that you need her and you miss her involvement in your life. She heard you the last time and even though it only lasted one day, it doesn't sound like she disagreed with you and she said she'd try. I'd suggest you have another talk and let her know how invisible to her you feel.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 03:19 pm
I agree with J_B--but wait for this conversation until the flurry of the new baby subsides. Neither your niece nor your older nephew are going to be thrilled that a new baby is taking all of their mother's time and a good chunk of their grandmother's time as well.

Knowing how it feels to be left out, perhaps you could help them survive until the new kid on the block is part of the family routine?
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:33 pm
i still have the rest of this year and two more after that before i graduate.

i didnt go to school today and i got to go see my new nephew. he's precious.

last night i was just upset...even thought i still feel the same way. im not as mad/upset about it. I've lived with it for 16 years so i think i can handle 2 more. i have the support of my friends and some family to get me through it...not to mention you guys.
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:35 pm
double post. said it didnt go through the first time.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:34 pm
Oc--

Sometimes life just isn't fair and you are showing maturity beyond your years by accepting this while resolving since you can't change the present you will move on to your future.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:52 pm
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said OC, so here's a ((((HUG))))
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:06 pm
thanks Montana.

Im gunna vent again cuz people are ignorant and its pissing me off.

My moms boyfriend is the one thats really setting me off. My sister had her baby right, and so my niece and nephew are staying here for the night. He just volunteers my room for the one they stay in. id be fine with it had i been asked but i have school tomorrow which means that id have to go in and get clothes and whatnot that i would need. id have to bring my alarm out and stuff. neither him nor my mom has to work tomorrow morning so i think it would be a lot easier if one of them stayed on the couch. i mean its only one night.

he acts so much like my dad. not my real dad but like a dad to me. ive only lived with him and my mom a little over a year. he sets my curfew and he is like always criticizing my mom about the way she raises me. which then causes my mom to change the way she raises me. my mom did a fine job on my sister so theres no reason she would have to change the way she raises me.

My sister brings me to my next point. he doesnt respect my sister cuz shes 18 and has 3 kids. granted it sounds bad but my sister is handling it just fine and shes a great mother.

Not to mention that my mom is always complaining because he is putting her through so much emotional abuse(which is very clear to the common person) but yet she stays with him.

My ex boyfriend doesnt like him and my current boyfriend doesnt like him and any of my friends that have met him or even i just tell them about him dont like him.

What makes people so ignorant?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:29 pm
OC--

Take a good look at your mother and her man. Then look in the mirror and promise yourself that you'll always remember that being single is better than living with a guy like that.
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:52 pm
Noddy- i will never be caught dead with a man that treats me or my kids(when i have them) in the least bit bad. ive seen it my entire life and i think i have a good idea of when to leave if things get bad.

Ive seen both emotional and physical abuse (my dad used to beat my mom in front of me and my sister. my mom stayed with him until he came after us.) and i will never tolerate either. no need to worry about me.
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:54 pm
im so gald that i somehow stumbled across this site cuz you giys have helped me out with several problems that some close to me couldnt.

THANKS everyone. i really honestly mean it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:03 pm
oc, stick with us.

No need to worry about you? hmmmm, but that's part of who we are. I spent part of last night visiting another A2K'r in the hospital. We worry. We care. and Noddy helps us all find and hold our dominions. And she makes us make, and keep, doctor's appointments. Very Happy
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:09 pm
i just meant dont worry about me in an abusive relationship.

now that im here you guys could never get rid of me Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:22 pm
EhBeth--

Thanks for the kind words.

OC--

Glad you're going to be a regular. You're an interesting person.
0 Replies

Noddy24

EhBeth--

Thanks for the kind words.

OC--

Glad you're going to be a regular. You're an interesting person.
0 Replies

Noddy24

McGentrix'.
0 Replies