16 year-old girl was scalped

husker

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:05 pm
All over the news the past few days here - poor thing the pictures on the news are terrible.

link

Quote:
USA - Boise County Chief Deputy Sheriff Bill Braddock describes the crime as one of the ugliest he's ever seen. "The top part of her scalp was cut away in classically what you would think of as a scalping from the 1800's," he said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,695 • Replies: 9
No top replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:15 pm
Thats unreal.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:22 pm
it almost hurts to see it on the news
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:47 pm
Those are pics I don't want to see.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 08:38 am
Here is an update on this !
I hope this woman gets many years for this stunt!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Woman Surrenders in Idaho Scalping Case
February 10, 2005 5:22 AM EST

BOISE, Idaho - A woman was arrested and charged with felony aggravated battery after being accused of scalping a mohawk-wearing teenage girl who was a fellow member of a punk clique.

Marianne Dahle, 26, allegedly used a 4-inch knife to cut away the crown and back of the scalp of the 16-year-old victim, apparently as punishment for her disrespectful behavior toward women. The teen survived.

Dahle is accused of tying up the teenager - who identified herself to reporters only as Sheila - and cutting away a 6-by-8-inch section of her scalp.

Sheila said she underwent skin grafts and anticipated another surgery to repair the damage. Authorities did not release the girl's name.

Dahle surrendered at the Ada County Jail, where she was being held on $25,000 bond. If convicted, she could be sentenced to 14 years in prison.

Dahle was visiting Kirkham Hot Springs in central Idaho with the girl and a teenage friend when the attack occurred Jan. 18. The teen spent two weeks in the hospital and is now recovering at home.

Bill Braddock, chief deputy of Boise County, said Dahle was retaliating for behavior she considered offensive to women.

He said the victim, Dahle and the girl who witnessed the attack belonged to the same punk clique. In their group, he said, those who disrespect women are not allowed to have their hair in a mohawk.

He also said Dahle appeared to be exerting psychological control over teenage members of the clique, and added that there were "sexual overtones."

Police would not release many details for fear it would harm the prosecution's case.

Dahle allegedly dropped the teen off at St. Luke's Regional Medical Center in Boise, Braddock said. Authorities recovered the scalp, which had been left behind at the hot springs, but doctors were unable to reattach it, Braddock said.

The case has been difficult to investigate because it has taken deputies time to win the trust of witnesses and friends of the victim. Some witnesses are afraid of retaliation.

Braddock said he only agreed to discuss the incident so the public could help authorities find Dahle.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:00 pm
It's good to hear that she was caught, Thanks for the update Shewolf.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 02:48 pm
WOW, What is wrong with people this days...
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 02:46 am
I guess my nephew knew the girls as they live in Nampa. I cant imagine what that girl is going through emotionally.

Can't they transplant part of the scalp from a cadaver?

That lady should get life in prison for what she did. An aggravated Assault charge doesn't seem like enough for mutilating someone. 18 years is the maximum she'll serve and this kid has to live with that injury for life.

It makes me ill.
0 Replies

trixabell

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:10 am
18 years is a long time...
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 02:57 am
In the Idaho Statesman today it says it's 15 years maximum now, I guess that's still a long time.

The article says most of her scalp has been restored with skin grafts and the community is funding her medical bills, and buying her a computer so that she can finish school at home this year.

The woman still hasn't given a guilty plea, she's asked for another month to make a decision.
0 Replies