Sponsored Weddings

Badboy

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 05:37 am
Some couples are finding weddings so expensive that they look for a sponsor,a sponser's name may appear on business cards which are given out at the wedding,and may given be mentioned in a speech given at the wedding.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 928 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 06:14 am
IMO, that is one of the tackiest things of which I have ever heard. Better to opt for a less expensive wedding, or no fancy bash at all, then to turn marriage into a commercial circus.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:43 am
ditto
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:51 am
I agree.

Our cake lady wanted to leave her business card at our wedding. I said absolutly not. My wedding is no place for solication.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:00 am
I takes all kinds, I guess. Star Jones' entire wedding a few months ago was completely sponsored. As a matter of fact, she fell out with the producers of a show featuring the wedding because she wanted to thank the various sponsors on air. How tacky is THAT? They told her hell no. Then she tried to stage a little walkout on the tv show she's on (same network), in protest. They told her to have her big ass back on point the next day. Or else.
Guess where she was the next day?
If she was as bad a bitch as she pretends to be, she would have walked but it's all about the mighty dollar for her and she proved that without a doubt.
I have absolutely no respect for her.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:03 am
Cool
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 11:59 am
Ceremony = no sponsors

Reception/Celebration bash = why not? What's wrong with a young couple saving money.
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:29 pm
Weddings are becoming so commercialized, I am not the least bit suprised. I know Donald Trump's son's bride was given an entire store to choose a ring from as a promotion for Bailey Banks & Biddle (a chain mall jewelry store) ... YUCK
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:52 pm
And you wonder why the rich stay rich?

Quote:
Weddings are becoming so commercialized, I am not the least bit suprised. I know Donald Trump's son's bride was given an entire store to choose a ring from as a promotion for Bailey Banks & Biddle (a chain mall jewelry store) ... YUCK

That just really ERKS me...to no end! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 02:30 pm
Wow. Why didn't The Donald and his kid do a double ceremony?

And now that we're talkin', how about the new Mrs. Trump on the cover of Vogue in her bridal gown? Another freebie?
http://subscribe.condenet.com/images_covers/cover_vogue_190.jpg
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 02:32 pm
Quote:
Wow. Why didn't The Donald and his kid do a double ceremony?

I wonder who got the younger bride?
0 Replies