Dancin' 'Neath the Starry Skies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 04:13 am
@Setanta,
By making your comment directly after mine it sounds like you're implying I'm the one voting your posts down. I've not voted down any of your posts on this thread.

Have you thought it might just be someone who likes good music?
Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 04:20 am
@izzythepush,
In that case, most of your contributions would have been voted down. Yes, I considered that someone else might have done it--but I don't believe that for a moment. You've always shown yourself to be petty in that way.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 04:51 am
@Setanta,
Whoever's voting down your posts must be rubbing their hands with glee because they've clearly upset you, reducing you to somewhat hackneyed alliteration.

It's best not to respond, if you let them know how easy it is to upset you, they'll only do it the more.

Have you tried maintaining a dignified silence?

This should help.

Quote:
dignified
adjective
C2 controlled, serious, and calm, and therefore deserving respect:

a tall, dignified woman

He has maintained a dignified silence about the rumours.

The defeated candidate gave a dignified speech in which he congratulated his rival.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/dignified
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 04:53 am
@Setanta,
Did you know the song Twilight Zone came from the album Cut, so called since the band had intended it to be their last work after a number of disappointing years? However, after the massive success that song became, they came back swinging. In 1984 they released one of my personal favorites, When the lady smiles

Caution: the video below, shot by Dick Maas for this song, is... well, it's a bit on the edge. It might not be for everybody: although it doesn't contain anything explicit, it certainly hints at it... IT certainly was too daring for American tv at the time.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 05:01 am
The late great William Burroughs on vocals here.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 05:02 am
Cool . . . you know (I'm sure) that they started in 1960, and were still at it early in this century, so they had a long, long run. MTV would not play the official video for "Twilight Zone" because of the topless scene.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 05:12 am
I've seen this guy live, twice. The first time was in 1972, at William and Mary Hall, at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. He stepped up to the front of the stage while the roadies were doing their sound check, and just filled that hall with his un-amplified voice--a hall designed for all music, including opera and orchestral music.

Here he rejoins his old friend and band-mate, Eric Clapton, in 2010 to do his 1980 hit, which reached number seven in the U.S. and number three in Canadia.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 05:14 am
I love this woman's voice. This is the 1983, Eurythmics hit:

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 05:19 am
From 1988, Was Not Was do "Walk the Dinosaur" . . .

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 05:33 am
After leaving Genesis, Peter Gabriel had a very productive solo career in the 80s and 90s. This is his 1982 hit, "Shock the Monkey," which reached number one on Billboard's "Mainstream Rock" chart.

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 05:52 am
@Setanta,
Love that song. More Steve Winwood. A very 80s-looking video.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 06:13 am
Men very hard at work . . .

najmelliw

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 08:49 am
@Setanta,
When I first heard this song, I wished I could be one of those...

Once again, not my favorite work by the artist, but once again, catchy Smile

PS. I was indeed aware of that bit about the Twilight zone, Set. By the way, if you like the music of the Golden Earring, you should listen to Anouk. I won't link to her here, since she is a product of the nineties and beyond. When Barry Hay (the front man of the Golden Earring) heard her music in the mid nineties, he thought she was a gifted musician and wrote some songs for her, including 'Mood Indigo', one of my personal favorites from her.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 12:26 pm
More early New Wave, from 1979
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2018 01:19 am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2018 01:25 am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2018 01:36 am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2018 02:34 am
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2018 02:37 am
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2018 03:03 pm
Below is the Youtube of Joan Jett signing "I hate myself for loving you" A few people have been trying to help me post the video but so far this is the best I can manage. I'm using MacBook Pro, I don't know if that makes a difference. If an ad pops up you should be able to skip in 4 seconds. Love Joanie!

https://youtu.be/bpNw7jYkbVc