What does it mean to run a train on someone?

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:39 am
I was invited to come with my bf to a party with him and some of his friends. He said they want to run a train on me. When I asked him what he meant he wouldn't tell me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,932 • Replies: 31

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:41 am
@Kiersten 0825,
The answer is no.

That person is not a friend of yours.

Talk to your parents about what your so-called bf said. Tell them today.

If you are still in school, speak to a school counsellor about this immediately. And I mean now.
Kiersten 0825

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:52 am
@ehBeth,
What do you mean?
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:28 am
Well - if you go to a party with a guy who has friends like that, you need to know.

Where I come from, "to run a train" on a girl means that all the guys would have a "go " on her- get it? Take turns with her. That can mean sex/rape or something else.

When a girl "runs a train" that means she takes on a group of guys, one at a time for sex.

So now you know. And you need to decide if you want to hang around a guy who has friends who think like that.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:35 am
@Kiersten 0825,
Talk to your parents and school counsellors immediately.

Your boyfriend has told you that he and his friends are all planning to have sexual intercourse with you at the party.

If you don't care about yourself, there are other people who will be there who need to be warned.

It's not funny, nothing to mess around with.

Tell an adult in real life - today.
Kiersten 0825

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:38 am
@PUNKEY,
Oh wow. I had no idea. I don't know if I would be comfortable with that..but my bf says we're going. How can I get out of it?
Kiersten 0825

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:39 am
@ehBeth,
That's the thing...it's a "party" but only me, him and like 5 of his friends will be there. Now that I know what that means I don't think I should go. But I don't know how to get out of going..
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:49 am
@Kiersten 0825,
Talk to an adult in real life about this today.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:52 am
@Kiersten 0825,
Kiersten 0825 wrote:
..but my bf says we're going.

your boyfriend is not a good friend to you

talk to an adult in real life about all of this today
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:54 am
@Kiersten 0825,
God girl!!! Haven't you ever told a guy to get lost? Blocked him? Ignored him?

This creep was planning on using you!!

This is so ridiculous that I'm thinking it might be a scam.
Kiersten 0825

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 09:59 am
@PUNKEY,
I've been with him for a year now. I just don't want to go. I'm sure he didn't mean any harm probably just wanted something different.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:02 am
@Kiersten 0825,
Please don't be an idiot. Don't go. Have some self respect.
Even if for some stupid reason this was considered some kind of joke, it is not at all funny.
Kiersten 0825

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:06 am
@ossobucotemp,
Well that's rude. I don't want to go obviously now that I know. But my bf did say I don't have to if I don't want to but he wants me to still come.
dre0017

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:12 am
@Kiersten 0825,
Seriously this is starting to sound like a scam. Its obvious what to do in this situation.
You should tell him that you don't appreciate him saying something like that(assuming you don't) and not go to the party with him if you don't want to go. After him saying something like that, you might want to take care of yourself if you decide to go
Kiersten 0825

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:23 am
@dre0017,
Thank you. It definitely wasn't a scam he was serious unfortunately. But yeah I'm not going. I don't want to be trapped there because I can't drive yet.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:25 am
@Kiersten 0825,

how old are you?
jespah

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:26 am
@Kiersten 0825,
Kiersten 0825 wrote:

... How can I get out of it?

Of course you can get out of it. Say, "I don't want to go."

You don't need to offer involved explanations. You don't want to go, period.

And seriously consider sending this jerk packing. Who the hell cares if you've been together for a year? I have been married for 25 and have known my husband for going on 29 years. If he suggested that to me tonight I would tell him to take a hike - and I love him. But if he suggested such a thing I would know that he didn't love me, didn't even so much as like me, didn't care about my health or well-being, and chose his buddies over me.

I would also know that he wouldn't give a damn about my life, BTW, seeing as anyone could be carrying any sort of disease.

I've got a helluva lot more self-respect than I would if I allowed that. Why don't you?
Kiersten 0825

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:28 am
@Region Philbis,
I'm 17
0 Replies

Kiersten 0825

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:31 am
@jespah,
At first he wouldn't budge, he said they wouldn't do anything but that I needed to come because it's Halloween. Now he's says I don't NEED to come but that he'll be sad if I don't. I agree it is a little strange but I would like to think that he's not trying to be a jerk. I'm obviously uncomfortable with doing what he wants but I've asked some other people and they say it's normal so I don't know. Either way, I don't think I'll come
jespah

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:38 am
@Kiersten 0825,
It's not normal. And he is trying to manipulate you into feeling guilty for refusing.

Your body, your choice. His pouting shouldn't make a bit of difference.