No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 06:41 pm
@Seizan,
Quietly
Seizan

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 08:48 pm
@glitterbag,
Same here, every year for many years now.

My wife and I do not party, we do not drink or enjoy loud events or crowds. I practiced karate for a time, she practiced yoga. We had some tea, then I answered some correspondence while she knitted. At midnight we watched the fireworks from the city to our north, from our back deck. The sound carries for miles, and they show up over the mountains to our north. Then we retired for the evening.

My New Years Day breakfast was jasmine rice with coconut cream, English breakfast tea, and a piece of chocolate. Hers was a large salad, coffee, and toast with raspberry jam.

We fed the cats special canned food from Thailand that they love. Our bulldog Musashi got his regular Ph-balanced food but also a slice of cheese (he loves cheese but we don't give it very often, it's not good for him). Of course, we sneaked his meds into the cheese...

Sumako goes back to work on Thursday, and I'm off from school until next Tuesday. So it's lots of housework and admin stuff until then.

Happy New Year everybody!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 01:01 am
2018 came on quietly which was how I was hoping it would. Even the usual hollering in the streets was silenced as the brutal freeze took over and kept most of the multitudes indoors. We here in NYC had our second coldest new year's eve on record.

Happy new year to you and yours and all others visiting this thread!
0 Replies