Bush explains his SS plan in his own words

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:59 am
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/02/20050204-13.html

Quote:
THE PRESIDENT: Because the -- all which is on the table begins to address the big cost drivers. For example, how benefits are calculate, for example, is on the table; whether or not benefits rise based upon wage increases or price increases. There's a series of parts of the formula that are being considered. And when you couple that, those different cost drivers, affecting those -- changing those with personal accounts, the idea is to get what has been promised more likely to be -- or closer delivered to what has been promised.

Does that make any sense to you? It's kind of muddled. Look, there's a series of things that cause the -- like, for example, benefits are calculated based upon the increase of wages, as opposed to the increase of prices. Some have suggested that we calculate -- the benefits will rise based upon inflation, as opposed to wage increases. There is a reform that would help solve the red if that were put into effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fast the promised benefits grow, if those -- if that growth is affected, it will help on the red.

Okay, better? I'll keep working on it.

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,602 • Replies: 49
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 12:01 pm
That does help...It helps remind me that it's almost unfair to use Bush's words against him. They always make him look bad...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 12:02 pm
Uh... those are HIS words?
oooo.... has anyone told him to put DOWN the xanex before speaking in public?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 12:13 pm
I don't believe he said all that without any help. His vocabulary consists of Uhhh uhh uh, and the rest is written for him by people with atleast a 1st grade education.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 12:17 pm
If you purport to use his words, then don't just take a long speech or interview and select the worst sentence. I could do that to you or anyone else. Classic tools of character assassination. The public sees through this and re-elected him.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 12:22 pm
They re-elected him, true. There are many reasons why. His ability to clearly express a complex thought is not among them.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:20 pm
Quote:
If you purport to use his words, then don't just take a long speech or interview and select the worst sentence. I could do that to you or anyone else. Classic tools of character assassination. The public sees through this and re-elected him.

Then do it. Otherwise, put up or shut up. Bush is, and always has been, a complete idiot, and taking his quotes IN or OUT of context makes no difference.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:21 pm
Brandon:

Why don't YOU explain what Bush said based on his garbled crap.

I DARE you!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:35 pm
I'm not sure, but I think the correct translation of that is, "I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Ask Dick Cheney. Maybe he knows. But it doesn't matter. I'm the president!!! Woohoo!! I'm going to gut social security like a fat rainbow trout! And you can't stop me! Do you want to know why? Because I'm the president! Muahahahaha!!!"
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:44 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:24 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

That was more than a sentence, Brandon. It was several paragraphs. How much context does he need for his words to become intelligible?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:25 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Brandon:

Why don't YOU explain what Bush said based on his garbled crap.

I DARE you!

Oh, gosh, he dared me. I guess I'd better show him that I'm not afraid to take his dare. Rolling Eyes

As usual, you simply ignore my point. Anyone can make anyone else look stupid by showing one sentence that he uttered. It is a classic method of character assassination and proves nothing.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:26 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

That was more than a sentence, Brandon. It was several paragraphs. How much context does he need for his words to become intelligible?

Cycloptichorn, in his post, quoted two sentences. I never mentioned context. I said that by selecting a single sentence from someones speeches or interviews, you can make anyone look stupid, and it proves exactly nothing.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:29 pm
You ARE afraid, Brandon, as you haven't explained what Bush said.

Apparently, you seem to know what the idiot savant blurbed. Or am I wrong?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:30 pm
I mean, honestly, if you insist on defending this moron, you're gonna have to do a better job...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:31 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
I mean, honestly, if you insist on defending this moron, you're gonna have to do a better job...

The fact that I ignore your childish dare shows only that one of us is not childish. I can find dumb quotes from anyone, including Howard Dean and John Kerry. This ability by itself proves nothing.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:34 pm
Put up or shut-up, Brandon. Your deflective tactics are getting old fast.

WHAT DID BUSH MEAN?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:43 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Put up or shut-up, Brandon. Your deflective tactics are getting old fast.

WHAT DID BUSH MEAN?

A. I decline to allow you to control my behavior.
B. The ability to find a dumb sentence that a person uttered shows nothing and is a classic tool of character assasins like you.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:44 pm
C. You don't have the balls to answer my question.

Fair enough. I thought as much.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:45 pm
Bush commits character suicide often enough to make character assasination needless. He's not able to verbally communicate complex thoughts. There are whole web pages devoted to his bushisms as evidence. I'm sure his backers like him for all number of reasons, but even they won't deny that he doesn't exactly have a way with words.
0 Replies