what decision should I make with my relationship with a girl

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:32 am
Hey, I am in 10th grade and there is this girl in 9th that I went out with before but we broke up not too much longer later. She is georgous and she is the type of girl that I am crazy over. She really wants to go back out with me and I do too. We settled some things and like her even more. Not many of my friends like her and she is talked about alot by people because some of her family members are kinda bad and it makes a bad image on her. Some people joked around with me when I was going out with her but they don't know her. I don't mind a joke at all but after awhile it gets tiring. She is nothing like her family and I really like her. Should I go back out with her?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 546 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:37 am
Sure, why not? If you revolve your life around what others say, you won't have a life at all. Enjoy yourself and don't let others dictate your life ;-)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 02:36 pm
Why did the two of you break up? Have you changed? Has she changed?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 02:48 pm
I'd love to say "of course you should go back out with her! Who cares what everyone thinks!" But I remember 10th grade. And I know you (and she) do care about what other people think. Unless you are very mature for your age. High school is filled with stuff like this. It is where you want to be original, just like everyone else. The tear between being an individual and being part of a group.

This is totally up to you. Perhaps you can show everyone she's just as great as you know she is. Perhaps you won't be able to take it and you will end up hurting her. This is something you have to decide based on how much you like her, and what kind of friends you have. If you have a group of friends who will accept her and support you, I'd say go for it. If you're friends are "cliky" I would seriously think about the decision you are making. You don't want to end up hurting her.
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 08:29 pm
I definitely agree with Bella Dea. It all depends on your strength and how much you really care about their voice.

If you'd be uncomfortable being with her, and if you'd become upset or depressed about being with her, then don't drag her into something that could be hurtful.

But if you know she's wonderful, and if you're willing to push everyone else out of the picture if they try to mess things up, and to give the cold shoulder a few times (harder than it sounds Wink), go for it.

For me personally, I didn't care about what anyone thought about the people I dated... but that was easier for me to do, because none of them were in the same classes as my friends and I, and the most significant one did not go to my school.
0 Replies