my friends are giving me hell

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 10:26 pm
ok...well, my old gf and i had a really bad falling out and we really dont speak anymore...i dont relly want to because she used me and i resent it. But ill admit i cared about her alot and yea i think i even loved her...but since we stopped talking 2 weeks ago, i met this reallllllly amazing girl...and sparks flew. We hung out, we kissed, and we really wanna see eachother again, we like eachother alot. But my friends are saying im doing it out of spite...how do i know?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 765 • Replies: 8
No top replies

A Nonny Mouse

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 10:33 pm
Are you feeling pleasure when thinking about your old g/f finding out? cuz then it's spite.
0 Replies

EMSFD125

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 10:36 pm
i dont think so...i really tried hard so she wouldnt find out about it cause i was trying to avoid that sort of thing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 10:38 pm
Dude, if you really like the new girl, who's reallllllly amazing; why give a rat's a$$ what your friends think? 2 weeks is long enough. Try it and see if you like it. What harm could come of that?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 11:03 pm
Well, for one, it may be harmful to THE AMAZING NEW GIRL. She's not a test drive you know. She's a person with feelings that could be terribly hurt.
Try it and see if you like it??? I'm surprised at you Occom Bill.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 01:43 am
eoe wrote:
Well, for one, it may be harmful to THE AMAZING NEW GIRL. She's not a test drive you know. She's a person with feelings that could be terribly hurt.
Try it and see if you like it??? I'm surprised at you Occom Bill.
I'm guessing that sounded worse than what I intended? My meaning is if sparks are flying and he really wants to see her again and vice versa, why wouldn't he? Confused Another date could her I suppose, or him, but that's a risk we take whenever we date isn't it? Perhaps you thought "it" sounded piggish? I didn't mean it that way.<shrugs>
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 01:59 am
Are by any chance your friends also friends with your ex? My friends would probably be happy if i was moving on after being hurt.
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 04:16 pm
Your friends will speak the truth when your heart is unsure.

It's not really advice, but moreso a reminder to give your friends the credit they deserve. Love interests come and go, but friends can be a great constant in life.

Of course this is not the same scenario, but rather an explanation of my thoughts ... I ignored the advice of a group of my oldest friends when I got married, and their concerns have been somewhat justified ...
0 Replies

ark

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:11 am
Does this new girl know about your ex?

If it helps, I got myself into a vaguely similar situation in which i started seeing someone a few weeks after breaking up with someone... and I was really bitter about the breakup. Anyway, this other girl knew about my ex and stuff and was/has been rather paranoid about it ever since... even 2 months in. Things between her and I really clicked initially but now they're kind of a chore sometimes... and I reckon it's probably coz I didn't clear my head of stuff I felt for my ex and perhaps started things with this new girl a bit too soon. I think that if you still feel enough for your ex to resent her then it might be an idea to take a step back to sort out your feelings before getting properly involved with someone else... might be a bit dangerous to start a relationship whilst harbouring strong feelings of either resentment/bitterness/jealousy/etc towards an ex.
0 Replies