Male to female ratios at parties

almach1

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:12 am
I just got back from another party where the men outnumbered the girls three to one. I heard that women outnumber us guys in terms of population. If this is true where are all the god dam women when I attend clubs, parties and bars. It always seems that there always more guys than girls. Where the hell are women on thursday, friday and saturday nights? Do they stay home and have slumber parties with their girlfriends? Why is it so hard to get a party wher the majority of the paticipants are women?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 891 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:18 am
Well, I think it's because the majority of men are the ones who go to parties and clubs. A lot of women don't like the bar scene.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:21 am
Most of the women are over at my house.
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:25 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Most of the women are over at my house.

LOL

Montana,
If they are not into the bar scene, then what are they into and why aren't they there on friday nights?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:38 am
When I was younger, you could have found me in the clubs, bars, and parties, but when I got tired of it, I just started staying home and doing a lot of craft stuff.
I know a lot of women get together and go to the mall, have ladies night at home playing cards, go out and play bingo, and stuff like that.
I know a lot of women don't like the club scene because they view them as pick up joints and they simply don't want to hook up with a guy that way.
Then there are others who simply don't drink and are not comfortable in those places.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:40 am
Or, they're at Gus's house, lol!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:53 am
Poor Almach...lol, maybe you should throw the party and line up the invitation with more women then men. Than maybe it'll even itself out....

Start picking different places to go out too. Like Montana said, we do different things.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 07:12 am
You'll find plenty of women at beauty spas and hair salons.

Trust me. Cool
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 07:22 am
The way to meet bright, mature women, is not (necessarily)in bars/clubs. Many of them have become disgusted with that entire scene, and have opted to spend their time doing things that interest them.

What do YOU like? Do you have a favorite charity? Are you interested in politics? Do you want to learn something? By joining groups that are geared towards special interests, taking adult education courses, even going to church, if that is your thing, you are more likely to meet a woman who has similar interests as you.

If, on the other hand, you are just interested in picking up anyone, keep going to bars, and hope that you get lucky! :wink:
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 09:26 am
Try going to an upscale nightclub or lounge where rich young professionals gather. You will find the ratio of women to (rich) men to be quite high for an obvious reason.

This is a common observation, but it definitely depends on the scene and venue. As far as meeting decent females for more than a fling, i agree with Phoenix 100% ...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 09:29 am
There are plenty of women out at clubs and bars - you just have to find those places.

There's a group of people at my office that goes out together every week, alternate Thursdays and Fridays. Usually about 15 women and 3 or 4 guys. Almost all of them are lookin' to meet someone.
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 03:12 pm
I just think it's funny how us guys are always hunting, scavenging looking for the right woman. WOmen howeever seem to be hiding and just waiting for a guy to come and wipe them off their feet.

Also, I'm a pretty sterotypical guy. I don't do pottery or other traditional feminine hobbies. I'm a sports guy. Midnight basketball, Mountainbiking, camping. There are not to many girls interested in these kinds of hobbies.

Oh, and don't even talk about church. Church got played out when I was 18. Girls used to go to church wearing miniskirts, tight low cut tops. these girls couln't even recite a simple hail mary and they were going to church of all places to pick up men.

I don't have a problem meeting women. I know that I often look in the wrong places for good women. The two women who I have loved, i met them at a wedding and in my caclculusIII class in college.

the problem is that there is only so many weddings to go to and I graduated from college already. I'm not really desperate, I'm just ranting.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 03:39 pm
The bar scene is typically mostly guys, which sucks gorilla ass.

Look up to see if there are any bar-related events going on...for example, I went to an Iron Chef event at a bar here a few weeks ago, if I wasn't with a girl it would have been awesome. It was at least 60% women. I'm definitely going again.

Plus you just gotta get a feel for what bars, or what types of bars in your area draw in women. Like someone else said, often the more upscale places will have more chicks, while pubs with $1 draft night will attract frat-types.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 03:42 pm
Oh, and as far as what some people thinking that you're not going to meet intelligent, down to earth people at bars/clubs is just plain wrong. I've dated plenty of very intelligent women I've met at bars.
0 Replies