glitterbag

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 09:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

blatham's post to me today
https://able2know.org/reply/post-6613282/quote/
blatham wrote:

Quote:
It gets hard to participate in forums when the most innocent of posts becomes fodder for controversy.
That is EXACTLY what Hitler said, you goddamn bastard.

I think he was making a joke, the absurdist kind. I would be shocked if he was trying to malign you. It appears to me that he actually likes you and enjoys your comments. Perhaps he was just too familiar with you and didn't realize he would offend you. He may not be everyones cup of tea, and I'm sure he isn't. This might come as a shock, and I know it's hard to swallow, but there are a few folks here who don't like me. I know, its crazy but true.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 09:59 pm
@glitterbag,
I was in the same shoes with one of the best humans on this planet several years ago on a2k. Misunderstandings happened, because my humor gage isn't that sophisticated.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 10:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think it's difficult when you can't hear the voice, see the facial expression or the body language. I hope this gets resolved before divisions become permanent.
oralloy

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 03:40 am
@glitterbag,
Blatham has a history of making really nasty personal attacks when he gets out of his depth intellectually.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 04:13 am
@glitterbag,
I don’t think there were a lot of web forums and internet posts in Hitlers time. I could be wrong.... Laughing
coldjoint

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 03:51 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I don’t think there were a lot of web forums and internet posts in Hitlers time. I could be wrong.... Laughing

Hitler is definitely pre-Al Gore.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 07:31 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:

Hitler is definitely pre-Al Gore
Gore was right all along. Still is.
engineer

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 09:20 am
Mitch Landrieu, mayor of New Orleans.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:13 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:

Sure he was, that is why New York is underwater and there is 0 polar ice. Laughing
Sturgis

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 04:38 pm
Cynthia Nixon

(currently she has decided to go up against Andrew Cuomo in the gubernatorial primary. Should she lose, President would be the next logical step. Well spoken and direct, it could prove interesting)
coldjoint

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 04:44 pm
@Sturgis,

Quote:
Cynthia Nixon

She is also a lesbian, I do not think that will fly. But it would be another reason to yell bigot like the Democrats do when and wherever they run.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 05:11 pm
@coldjoint,

Quote:
Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:13 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:

Sure he was, that is why New York is underwater and there is 0 polar ice.
1 Reply

AL GORE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG. STILL IS.

Quote:
Quote:
Record Warm Winter in Arctic, Scientists Say
March 07, 2018

FRecord Warm Winter in Arctic, Scientists Say
by VOA
New weather information shows the Arctic just had its warmest winter on record.
The same information also shows that sea ice hit record lows for this time of year. That means there is plenty of open water in the Arctic Ocean, where ocean water normally freezes into thick pieces of ice.
Scientists told the Associated Press what is happening now has never happened before. They say it is part of a vicious cycle, a series of cause and effect events, in Earth’s atmosphere.
The scientists believe that climate change could be fueling these changes. They say slowly rising temperatures in the atmosphere are likely influencing strong icy, storms in Europe and the northeastern United States.
“It’s just crazy, crazy stuff,” said Mark Serreze, director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado.
Serreze has been studying the Arctic since 1982. “These heat waves, I’ve never seen anything like this,” he said.
Unusual temperatures across the Arctic
This past winter has been so warm that the land weather station closest to the North Pole, at the top of Greenland, spent more than 60 hours above freezing last month. Before this year, scientists had only seen temperatures there briefly rise above freezing in February only two times before.

FILE - An iceberg melts in Kulusuk, Greenland near the arctic circle. A new report finds permafrost in the Arctic is thawing faster than ever before.
On February 24, 2018, the temperature at the top of Greenland reached six degrees Celsius, setting a record for that date.
The warmer weather reached other parts of the Arctic Circle. In Barrow, Alaska, the temperature in February was 10 degrees warmer than normal. All winter long, the average temperatures were 7.8 degrees Celsius higher than normal.
At over 30 different Arctic weather stations, 15 of them were at least 5.6 degrees Celsius above normal for the winter. That information comes from climate scientist Brian Brettschneider of the International Arctic Research Center at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Weather scientists consider December, January, and February to be winter. Arctic weather stations averaged 4.9 degrees Celsius higher than normal for the season that just ended. The air above the Chukchi and Bering seas near Alaska averaged about 11 degrees Celsius higher than normal for February, the data center reported.
​Less ice and a vicious cycle
In February, Arctic sea ice covered 13.9 million square kilometers. This is about 160,000 square kilometers less than the record low last year, the ice data center said. Sea ice coverage in February also was 1.4 million square kilometers below the 30-year average. That represents an area nearly two times the size of the state of Texas.
Sea ice is frozen ocean water that forms, grows and melts on the ocean. Near Greenland, warm air moved north over part of the Atlantic Ocean that usually has sea ice. Something similar was also happening in the Pacific Ocean, creating open water on normally frozen parts of the Bering Sea, said data center scientist Walt Meier. To be happening on opposite sides of the Arctic at the same time is unusual, he added.

Quote:
Quote:
Record Warm Winter in Arctic, Scientists Say
March 07, 2018

FRecord Warm Winter in Arctic, Scientists Say
by VOA
New weather information shows the Arctic just had its warmest winter on record.
The same information also shows that sea ice hit record lows for this time of year. That means there is plenty of open water in the Arctic Ocean, where ocean water normally freezes into thick pieces of ice.
Scientists told the Associated Press what is happening now has never happened before. They say it is part of a vicious cycle, a series of cause and effect events, in Earth’s atmosphere.
The scientists believe that climate change could be fueling these changes. They say slowly rising temperatures in the atmosphere are likely influencing strong icy, storms in Europe and the northeastern United States.
“It’s just crazy, crazy stuff,” said Mark Serreze, director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado.
Serreze has been studying the Arctic since 1982. “These heat waves, I’ve never seen anything like this,” he said.
Unusual temperatures across the Arctic
This past winter has been so warm that the land weather station closest to the North Pole, at the top of Greenland, spent more than 60 hours above freezing last month. Before this year, scientists had only seen temperatures there briefly rise above freezing in February only two times before.

FILE - An iceberg melts in Kulusuk, Greenland near the arctic circle. A new report finds permafrost in the Arctic is thawing faster than ever before.
On February 24, 2018, the temperature at the top of Greenland reached six degrees Celsius, setting a record for that date.
The warmer weather reached other parts of the Arctic Circle. In Barrow, Alaska, the temperature in February was 10 degrees warmer than normal. All winter long, the average temperatures were 7.8 degrees Celsius higher than normal.
At over 30 different Arctic weather stations, 15 of them were at least 5.6 degrees Celsius above normal for the winter. That information comes from climate scientist Brian Brettschneider of the International Arctic Research Center at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Weather scientists consider December, January, and February to be winter. Arctic weather stations averaged 4.9 degrees Celsius higher than normal for the season that just ended. The air above the Chukchi and Bering seas near Alaska averaged about 11 degrees Celsius higher than normal for February, the data center reported.
​Less ice and a vicious cycle
In February, Arctic sea ice covered 13.9 million square kilometers. This is about 160,000 square kilometers less than the record low last year, the ice data center said. Sea ice coverage in February also was 1.4 million square kilometers below the 30-year average. That represents an area nearly two times the size of the state of Texas.
Sea ice is frozen ocean water that forms, grows and melts on the ocean. Near Greenland, warm air moved north over part of the Atlantic Ocean that usually has sea ice. Something similar was also happening in the Pacific Ocean, creating open water on normally frozen parts of the Bering Sea, said data center scientist Walt Meier. To be happening on opposite sides of the Arctic at the same time is unusual, he added.

coldjoint

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 05:12 pm
@MontereyJack,
Who cares? Is fat Al running?
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 05:16 pm
@coldjoint,
probably NOT, hE WON, YOU KNOW. sCOTUS and the ekectoral /College robbed him.. It's what tney do when Democrats get more votes than Repubs. They get blatantly robbed.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 05:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
They get blatantly robbed.

And whining about it gets you where?
oralloy

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 05:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
hE WON, YOU KNOW.

No. Al Gore lost and then tried to cheat.

John Bolton helped to stop Al Gore from cheating.

http://duckduckgo.com/?q=%22I%27m+with+the+Bush+Cheney+team%2C+and+I%27m+here+to+stop+the+count.%22+!g
Lash

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 05:24 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Cynthia Nixon

(currently she has decided to go up against Andrew Cuomo in the gubernatorial primary. Should she lose, President would be the next logical step. Well spoken and direct, it could prove interesting)

I really like this chick so far!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 05:27 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

And whining about it gets you where
Well, so many people are "whining" so loudly and so vehemently that come November Trump is likely to be "whined" right out of his majority in Congress
coldjoint

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 05:31 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Trump is likely to be "whined" right out of his majority in Congress

The generic vote has the Dems ahead by six , look out!!!! That is a little better than nothing.
http://dyn.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2018_generic_congressional_vote-6185.html#!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 05:34 pm
@oralloy,
Gore had 500K more votes.. SCOTUS conservative majority pulled okff one of its most blatantly political moves in history in deciding against Gore. If Bolton had a hand in it, it further cemebted the slimeballitude he is famous for.
0 Replies