VERY Sick People!!!

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 05:58 pm
This is extremely disturbing, and I hope they find these folks!!!

Quote:

link

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/05/02/04/adollar.jpg

Linda and John Dollar of Beverly Hills, Fla., seen in these undated photos provided by the Citrus County Sheriff's Department, are being sought by Florida police
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,179 • Replies: 14
No top replies

MzDaizy

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 06:52 pm
Wow...I hope they trip over a pitchfork together face-first. Some people are really sick
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:18 pm
Linda & John ... poster children for capital punishment.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 07:33 am
what ticks me off is, as I was reading this story and before I saw their pic....I was wondering if they were too poor to buy food. then I saw the parents were as healthy as can be. Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
struck them with a hammer, administered electric shocks and used pliers to pull off their toenails,
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:00 am
Very sick, twisted people! I hope they catch those animals!!!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:06 am
They caught the sons-of-bitches! Evil or Very Mad

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/02/05/Citrus/Citrus_couple_arreste.shtml
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:17 am
thanks so much for finding that!!! makes me feel a lot better.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:25 am
Too bad the punishment can't fit the crime. It is good to know that they have been caught.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:27 am
IMO, there ought to be very severe penalties for what these people did. It is beyond my comprehension that two people could be so sadistic. I can comprehend one screwball, but the two of them, working in concert? Disgusting!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:34 am
Thanks for the info Phoenix. I was getting ready to go hunt the psychos myself!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 10:24 pm
I understand one person being nutty, but how could both go along with this. I don't mean I understand why/how someone could do this, rather that I'm shocked one of them isn't noted for trying to stop such horrible behavior.

what's sad is, didn't the news say they were driving a lexus suv and that the mother had her master's degree? so sad.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 01:21 am
What I also find interesting, was that I believe that two of the children had not been abused. I had heard of instances where one child in a family had been the recipient of abuse, but in this case, there were five.
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 04:41 pm
Montana wrote:

Animals don't behave this way.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 07:00 pm
gozmo wrote:
Montana wrote:

Animals don't behave this way.

True.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 08:02 pm
From that SPTimes article:

Quote:
Friends and neighbors, meantime, described the Dollars as religious and strict, and said the children hardly ever were seen.

"Hardly ever were seen" ... this is the part about America I find kind of scary (had a lot of conversations about it) ... I mean, here everyone is obliged to register with the city, its the basis for everything - without registration no passport, no voting rights, no house, no benefits - everyone legal is registered, period. I understand that in America there's no central registration of people, period? That makes it so much easier for (malevolant) people to just "disappear" in between the cracks! And school, we have compulsory education until 16 here for every kid, theres no freedom to just keep your child at home; if they dont turn up, they're looked up to see whats wrong. Now perhaps some good parents would actually do a better job by themselves at home, but at least this prevents kids just disappearing with such ease ... is there no check like that in the States?

(I'm not saying such things dont happen here - they do, we've had some brutal horror stories here last year. Just, it raised these questions for me)

Quote:
"They seemed to move around a lot, and they seemed to acquire children everywhere they'd go," Stanley said.

Doesnt the child protection agency (or some such institution) keep an eye out on adopted children, at least for a few years? And dont they use stability of residence as a criterium when awarding people the opportunity to adopt a kid? Moving every other year isnt good for kids, adopted kids even less, in any case, and when people move all the time, theres no social control ... it would be a smart criterium! And how can a family adopt so many kids and just move around with no monitoring of the childrens' welfare at all, apparently?
0 Replies