My Wisdom Teeth are Coming in!

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:28 am
All four of my Wisdom Teeth are coming in right now.... my dentist says if I want, I can try to let them grow in and keep them ( b/c I am missing a back tooth on three sides of my mouth.....)... but will it hurt more to grow them than to get them removed.. also am I at more risk for an infection??

Ouchy! Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,582 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:31 am
Depends. Some people can keep them and be fine. Others have problems. I suggest you keep them. The reason most people get them out is because they don't have room in their mouths for the extras. You sound like you have room. It won't be any more painful to get them removed later, in my opinion. I had all 4 out at the same time. 2 were out, 2 were in. Didn't hurt more either way. Both sucked. It's sort of up to you and your dentist.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:49 pm
Thank you for your response.... Well I want to keep them, so I hope they come in allright!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:53 pm
I have mine. When they first started to come in they appeared to be crooked, but my jaw seemed to grow to accommodate them and they are all straight now. If I were to have teeth removed to avoid crowding I'd ask them to remove the old, cavity-filled ones, and not the nice, new, strong ones.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:54 pm
At what age do we get them?

I'm 23 and I haven't had them coming yet. Is it possible that mine won't grow?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:58 pm
I'm 30 and the bottom ones are still not all the way in. I think at 23 I still did not have them yet.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:02 pm
Shocked
Nooooooooooooooo.
But....but....but........I don't wanna.

Thanks, FD!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:03 pm
I had all 4 of mine taken out at once when I was 16 because they were growing crooked. None of them were out yet, but my dentist said I needed them out and showed me the x-ray to explain why. They had me on pretty stong pain killers for a week after, so I wasn't feeling much pain, but if I could have kept them I would have. Yours must be coming in fine, which your dentist can see on the x-ray, so since there's no problem, I'd let them do their thing.
I hope it's not too painful for you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:12 pm
You might never get them superjuly. You might not even have any! Some people get lucky that way.
0 Replies

puffthemajicdragonallday

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:20 pm
just smoke a fattie if they hurt. Your dentist just wants your business for the dollars. Smoke two if need be.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:22 pm
as long as you don't smoke the fattie AFTER they remove your teeth....dry socket is the worst.

Otherwise, smoke away...
Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:22 pm
superjuly wrote:
At what age do we get them?

I'm 23 and I haven't had them coming yet. Is it possible that mine won't grow?

Next time you go to the dentist ask him/her about them.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:26 pm
I think mine came in around 20 - 21, but my daughters are already breaking through and she won't be 16 for a couple of weeks yet.

I had to have all 4 out at once due to crowding. Dad didn't want any damage to the money he'd already spent on braces.

I'm hoping, but not hopeful my daughter can keep hers just cause I remember that painful week quite well.

If the dentist says you can, I'd certainly keep them. Never know when they may be the last ones you've got in there. Laughing
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 04:09 pm
Yea, but they are already starting to hurt and my gums are really sore.... plus he said one is impacted, but we can try! But when I get a toothache, I get headaches.... and man do I have a headache... it sucks!
0 Replies

MzDaizy

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 04:55 pm
I'm 23 now, & mine still aren't coming in, but nobody in my family has had to have theirs removed. It all depends on the dreaded dentist and your own feeling.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 04:59 pm
mine never grew. i don't even have roots for them. 2 other teeth (fours on the bottom) decided to never grow also. so i am missing six teeth, not tha you would be able to tell. it will just be less work once i get old and my teeth will have to come out...
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:12 am
Mine are coming out now too, at least the bottom ones are. It doesn't hurt much at all though, and only for a few consecutive days, then it calms down.

Supposedly I'm to young for there to be even roots, but mine can already be seen. My mom tells me it was very painful for her so I'm not complaining much.

In my country they don't take them out at all, unless there are medical complications. I was very surprised when I learned that here they were removed, along with the tonsils and that baby boys were circumcised.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:18 am
I am keeping my teeth, but I can't say I have tonsils, when I was seven I had strep throat every day for months straight, so they had to remove them! It sucked big time!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:34 am
I still have my tonisils!
Crazylady...get yourself some Anbesol. Max Strength. Works great.
0 Replies