Wolf pup has strep throat. :-(

sozobe

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 02:35 pm
Oh no, I gotta be more careful about what I say to tired, sick, and way over-stressed mommies. I said this in the last post on page one:

sozobe wrote:
btw I don't mean literally water with like table salt sprinkled in -- I mean stuff like chicken broth (salty fluid) or grape juice (sweet fluid.) (Grape juice seems best, apple doesn't digest as well and the rest are usually too acidic.)

Salty fluids like chicken broth -- but not water with salt sprinkled in. Sweet fluids like grape juice -- but not water with sugar sprinkled in.

On the other hand, Dr. Sears did mention a salt water gargle being helpful, so even if she didn't like it it might have been a good thing for her throat.

Hope everyone feels better soon!!!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 02:42 pm
HAHAH!! yeah, i read your ammendment today... Shocked
after she tried the salty water.
Hehehe.. oh well.. it was good for a laugh!Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 02:44 pm
that's where you've been you naughty girl....

hope the pup is feeling better....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 02:46 pm
yeah, between a sick hubby,baby and self.. i dont get to sit still much.
My lap top is in beans playroom, but she doesnt have the energy to crawl around and play so we have been sitting on the couch watching cartoons, or laying in my bed just being sick together.... >sigh<
I know bella.. you are missing me...
poor widdwe doo doo baby .. dont worry ill be back soon.
hahahahahahahha ;-)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 02:48 pm
good. we miss you......................
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 11:12 pm
In ordinary life I'm fine with toothbrushes hanging around, though I understand it is better to change them often.. but with strep throat, I'd just use them once (er, that's me) and dump them. Strep throat doesn't come around that often, why chance reinfection (although I think strep antibodies are gearing up by now, and I may be worrying for naught.)

I admit though that I have no clue how long a streptococcus lives on a toothbrush sitting on a shelf. Its food source would eventually diminish.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:47 am
Very true osso..
I wouldnt think the strep ' bug' could survive on a cold cry surface. Most bacteria requires at least body temp heat to thrive. Or a wet surface to thrive.
??
good point.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:49 am
Toothbrushes stay wet for a long time.

How's everyone? Any improvement? Are you getting the help you need?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:52 am
No improvement at all. In fact, i am going to make a trip to an urgetn care center this afternoon. ( blood in my spit....ewww )
bean is ok. Mr wolf is better... supermom.. isnt feeling so super right about now. haha!
Bean is napping so I am taking a hot coffee break.

I am still going to get rid of all toothbrushes. And yeah, they do stay wet a while, but it doesnt stay warm. I dont know that many pathogens can survive that??
Hmm.. this gives me something to look up . :-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:55 am
Oh man, shewolf, take care.

Has Mr. Wolf or MIL stayed home from work to let you rest? If not, you let them get away with the no car/ roofing thing, you really can't let them get away with this. The A2K girl gang is happy to provide backup...

Seriously, it's important that you get rest and get all the way better. If they've been working at their jobs for more than a year and the company is of reasonable size they legally can't be punished for taking time off to care for bean and give you a rest.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 12:49 am
Damn, I'm sorry to hear this, shewolf! Did you go to the urgent care center today as you intended? What did the doctor say? I'm worried about you.
0 Replies