Is it wrong to get mad over this?

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 11:22 am
Did you walk in and say, where's mine?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 11:35 am
I am at the front desk and I called... the man who ordered it is gone out to lunch with my other boss, so they just dropped it off and ran
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 11:40 am
I'd be feeling pretty angry and low by this time.

Question: Your work group, you say they're older, but are they also clique-ish, petty or game players?

Every work place has it's own personality. The company I work for has many clinics, each with anywhere from 10 to 30 people working in each. I occassionaly get to visit them during audits, classes, etc.

I've walked into some and felt an immediate sense of team, even family. In others, I kept feeling between my shoulder blades for the knife. It's hard to keep new people there because they "eat their young".

Unfortunatley, it very hard, but not impossible to change the workplace personality if even one or two people are happy with the status quo.
Does this sound like where you work?

Years back, I worked as a temp at a state agency for a VERY short period. It was a nightmare. I was just trying to bring in some money while looking for a "regular" job - But some state employees took every chance to remind me "of my place". Like kids in a play yard

Today - I have to say that anyone at work that would have cause to know me stays on my good side (not that I have a really bad one Smile ) since (1)they know I'm privy to all sorts of confidential information, and (2) If I asked anyone if the want lunch, I'll make sure they get it. Cool

Will you be at this job forever?
When you move on, you can be an agent for change. You'll know how it feels to be ignored, and won't subject others to it or tolerate it others.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 01:04 pm
I think I would broach the subject with whoever ordered and whoever took your order. Just say, hey, my order got left out. That really sucked because I could have just ordered something for myself if I had known.
0 Replies