Feminine Odor

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:02 pm
I have an odor coming from "dow there" even when im not on my period. how do i get rid of it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,521 • Replies: 16
No top replies

JPB

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:03 pm
Are you sure you don't have a yeast or bacterial infection? I suggest you see your gynie or nurse-midwife for a checkup.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:15 pm
J_B--

I'm with J_B. The odor is a sign that something is not right.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 05:55 am
I agree that you ought to be checked by a gyn.

Years ago, I had the same problem. On top of that, I was staining a bit. I went to my gyn, and I could not believe what was causing the problem.

Seems that I had forgotten to remove the last tampon that I had used during my previous period. Imagine the look on my face when my doctor triumphantly showed me the offender that was causing my distress! Embarrassed
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 11:55 am
That happened to me once too Phoenix. Very embarrassing but because it had lead to an infection I needed some meds. Ostrichlover - if you discover that's what it is you should still see the gynie to clear up any latent infection.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:30 pm
Phoenix and JB
I thought I was the only one who ever did that, lol.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:32 pm
See a gyn. Odor isn't normal.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 01:51 pm
thus the reason I don't use tampons, that happened to my a friend before, except she left it up there so long that she got her next period and put another in there on top of that!!!
0 Replies

ostrichlover

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 08:03 pm
i know i dont have a tampon in there ive had the odor for several months but i didnt know wat to do about it. ive had several periods and im very careful about leaving them in because i did do that once. could something else do it?
0 Replies

ostrichlover

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 08:04 pm
i was just at the gyn for a pap smear(sp?) for birth control but they never aid something was wrong. i think the smell comes and goes.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 08:08 pm
Eat yogurt.
The live active cultures in yogurt help a womans body to ' balance'.
I am not saying this is a substitute for a Doc.
But, it is a good female practice. ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 01:37 am
I'd go back to the doctor specifically for this reason.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:12 am
Unless they were looking for something related to infection or STDs it could be missed.

Here, try this:

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/forum.asp?articlekey=24748
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 11:19 am
oooo, good point Jb....

Are you sexually active?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 05:23 pm
Ahh.. yes. The horrible STD called tric.
It makes you smeel bad,
If you can smell yourself through your clothes with in a few hours of a shower, I would bet some money that is what you have
Still......

get
to
your
doctor.....!
0 Replies

Allsixkindsamusic

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:18 pm
Know Thy-Self, LAdy!
Please define "odour".

Conventionalists and especially US cosmetics manufacturers will have you believe that normal bodily smells are un-natural and must be eliminated. Do wimmin still buy that revolting strawberry-flavoured "personal deodorant"? Smear aluminium hydroxide of all things in their armpits? It tastes h o r r i b l e!

One of the most powerful sex-pheromones yet discovered comes free, from a woman's armpit. And aluminium-consumption has been linked with Alzheimer's.

I think it's quite logical, really simple: I taught my kids the meaning of the words STOP and HOT at the age of two. I taught my newly post-menarche daughter to know what her body looks feels and smells like when she's healthy; she can investigate well before she starts to feel off-colour.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 01:26 pm
great point ALL!!!

So VERY true....
0 Replies