What's with the long legs obsession?

Olivier5

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 09:21 am
@ehBeth,
I don't know about the flappers but antique greek statues don't strike me as emphasizing short legs. They seem pretty average to me.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8012/6977486304_0e204186e0_b.jpg
NSFW (view)
Olivier5

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 01:42 am
@Olivier5,
What?!? No NSFW tag yet? ;-)
0 Replies

Lawless

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 04:21 am
@chai2,
Yes, absolutely. When a man says he likes large breasts more than small breasts, it does not surprise me.

For that matter, when a man says he prefers small breasts, I can perfectly well imagine psychological reasons what may be behind it.

I can also imagine what may be going on in the heads of men who fancy tall women or of men who fancy small women.

But I have no idea whatsoever why the length of a woman's legs should make her more or less attractive for a man.

Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 04:44 am
@Lawless,
Apparently, you are incapable of imagining a man (or a woman) who prefers small breasts who does not have psychological problems. You wear your prejudices like a badge.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 06:18 am
Bless them all
The long the short and the tall

When you cross eyes with the right one you will not notice that her legs are short or long. At least they reach the floor.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 06:53 am
The long and winding legs
That lead to your feet
Will never disappear
I've seen those legs before
It goes on and on to here
Leads me to your feet

The mild and minty soap
That a splash washed away
Has left a fetishist
Whet enough today
Why are you standing list
Your legs know the way

0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 07:02 am
Might it be that long legs are considered a desirable trait by many men because the high heels women often wear give the perception of longer legs, while at the same time forcing some changes to the posture of women that highlights other aspects of their bodies, such as the breasts? In other words, might it be deemed desirable because the 'appearance' of having long legs also shows the rest of the body in a desirable manner?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 07:03 am
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 07:09 am
@najmelliw,
So you want them to be in a perpetual beauty pageant for your own carnal desires.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 08:53 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

So you want them to be in a perpetual beauty pageant for your own carnal desires.

You talk as if carnal desires are something bad. It is amazing how feminists and Puritans sound so similar when it comes to sexuality.

0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 09:01 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

It's understandable that you might get that impression based on what I had written, but it couldn't be further from the truth. I abhor the idea of high heeled shoes, and what it does to women. I'm just trying to express my thoughts about why men like 'long' legs.

I have never been a fan of beauty pageants either.

I do like me a spot of carnal desires though...
maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 09:04 am
@najmelliw,

Quote:
Baby got back
Yeah, baby, when it comes to females
Cosmo ain't got nothin'
To do with my selection
Thirty six-twenty four- thirty six
Ha ha, only if she's 5'3

So your girlfriend rolls a Honda, playin' workout tapes by Fonda
But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda
My anaconda don't want none
Unless you've got buns, hon

This song is a reaction to dominant White beauty standards. Anyone who denies the cultural importance of this song slept through the 1980s.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 09:42 am
@najmelliw,
I was semi kidding. There is a fine line here somewhere, but I'm not egotistical enough to think I have it figured completely out.
0 Replies