gungasnake

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:16 pm
Enforcing copyright laws would be a sort of a low priority Item in Iraq these days...
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:17 pm
LOL! I wasn't really TOO worried Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:18 pm
gungasnake wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
The billboards will most likely be vandalized way before Oscar night. Wouldn't surprise me if THESE peeps are making their way to sunny southern Cali as we type Smile

Then they accuse others of "supressing" the vote. Pretty amazing, isn't it?

Now there's your right wingnut philosphy in a nutshell....The statement is made that imaginary PEEPS may be on their way to deface childishly gloating bilboards....next post....these PEEPS wrongly accuse others i.e. the people I agree of suppressing the vote. I expect a few posts down the line suddenly these PEEPS are real people who are destructive, plotting, taking negative action and have already set fire to a billboard.... Laughing
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:21 pm
Ooooh. Fire. I didn't even think of that one. I was more imagining "slashing" or maybe defacing with spray paint.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:41 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Now there's your right wingnut philosphy in a nutshell....The statement is made that imaginary PEEPS may be on their way

Sloth (laziness) was one of the original seven deadly sins. Being too lazy to have even bothered to click on the word "peeps" and then calling the people in question 'imaginary' is really sorry. I mean, if you're gonna go to hell, you want it to be for lust or greed or something, but not sloth...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:44 pm
I had thought about arson re the billboards but my own sloth prevented me from doing so.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:45 pm
and the connection is? You misunderstood me again, but limited comprehension skills are not a sin....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 12:48 pm
And gloating over a slim political victory is an example of Pride, one of the other original seven deadly sins. The billboards, incidentally, around the Kodak Theater are over 100 ft. up and not accessible without a crane. They'd best bring some flame throwers and/or some really powerful paint sprayers.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 01:21 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Ooooh. Fire. I didn't even think of that one. I was more imagining "slashing" or maybe defacing with spray paint.

Booo... you dissapointed me there. I thought you'd be more up for turning an advertisement into a subvertisement. For example, and this is off the top of my head.

Spray paint an F over the top of the Y, crossing out Hollywood and writing Murdoch. "4 More Fears, thankyou Murdoch." That's not a very good one, I realise, but you get the general idea.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 03:17 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
And gloating over a slim political victory is an example of Pride, one of the other original seven deadly sins. The billboards, incidentally, around the Kodak Theater are over 100 ft. up and not accessible without a crane. They'd best bring some flame throwers and/or some really powerful paint sprayers.

A slim political victory it was not. Clinton didn't even get 50% of the vote either time he ran for president.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 03:25 pm
Baldimo wrote:

A slim political victory it was not. Clinton didn't even get 50% of the vote either time he ran for president.

It was really far from slim. Even democrats like Newsweek's Evan Thomas have noted that the MSM simply handed Kerry 15% of the vote:

http://www.calblog.com/archives/004109.html

What that means is that the dem hardcore is now no more than about 30%; Kerry got the 30% dem core vote and another fifteen percent (gullible) kicked in by the media. I mean, for the last year and a half prior to the election every time I turned on the radio or TV or picked up a magazine in a dentist's office, there it was:

Quote:

"Oh GOD, that George W. Bush is a FOOL, and we're all gonna die on account of what a FOOL that George W. Bush is, oh woe.........

Basically, on a level playing field, i.e. with an impartial media, Bush would have won this election 70/30.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 03:27 pm
So Clinton got in by the skin of his teeth. Quit hitting the snooze button Sgt. Rock, so did bush.....and he had to start a multi billion dollar war to scare the **** out of enough people to swing a couple of stinking % points his way.....
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 04:08 pm
Quote:
I don't think so, they are public figures and there their images can be used.

Did MM ask W's permission to use his face in his movie?

Public officials are fair game. Private citizens are not. Michael and the rest can sue, and they can sue these idiots asses off.

Not much difference from the Nazis thanking the scum jew for elevating Hitler to power IMHO.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 05:59 pm
The absurdity of the posts attempting to rationalize a 2% "mandate" would leave me to believe the asylum library has been again broken into and the computer was left unlocked.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:42 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:
I don't think so, they are public figures and there their images can be used.

Did MM ask W's permission to use his face in his movie?

Public officials are fair game. Private citizens are not. Michael and the rest can sue, and they can sue these idiots asses off.

Not much difference from the Nazis thanking the scum jew for elevating Hitler to power IMHO.

People in Hollywood are far from private citizens. They are more public then most politicians. When they open their mouths in front of a TV camera and spout their politics they are no longer private citizens.

Question for you Dookie. Have you ever stopped once and complained about the money your favorite celebs make for what they do? I know you complain about CEO's and private owned business, but do you complain about bollywood stars and what they make? They make a hell of a lot more then a CEO does and do less work. How about sports stars, do you complain about them?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:08 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
The absurdity of the posts attempting to rationalize a 2% "mandate" would leave me to believe the asylum library has been again broken into and the computer was left unlocked.

There's another way to look at the 15% gift the MSM gave Kerry. That says that thirty to about thirty three percent is a sort of a natural number in the universe like pi or e, i.e. it's the percentage of total losers in any industrialized democracy. 30 - 33 Percent is about what Hitler used to get in German elections and it's what Kerry would have gotten in a fair election here, i.e. in an election with an impartial media or without a mainstream media. That pretty much says that the democrats are no better off and no more capable of winning an honest election than the German nazis were.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:52 pm
Under the "4 more years" you could spray paint "of this brain dead mong!!!"
0 Replies