i think i might have a chance

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 04:34 pm
i think i might have a chance with a girl that rides my bus... first i need to ask a question to the females here...

yesterday, she started talking to me, about buying a carnation (sp?) from her.. i said "no" and shook it off kind of, but she kept asking me "why?" in a caring voice (i dunno, its not her regular talking voice, u know what i mean) "who do u like?" "do u have any crushes?" she kept asking me, looking me straight in the eye and smiling... well, today, when she got on the bus she said "(i forget the name) doesnt like me" she said it loud enough for me to hear it, then she says "how can he not like me, do you like me?" she said it to me and my friends, i shrugged my shoulders and she said "say yes" and i was like "yeah" in like an annoyed way, and she smiled, then she did exactly what she did yesterday, and kept saying thing like "their only 1.50" i said "thats nice" in an annoyed manner and she looked me in the eye and started laughing......

now what i want to know is that.. are these signs or something that she has a crush on me? does she want my attention or something?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,128 • Replies: 15
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 04:36 pm
Maybe she wants you to buy a carnation.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 04:47 pm
It certainly sounds like she wants you to buy that flower.

Ask her. "Are you just trying to get me to buy a flower because you have a crush on me?...(inquisitive look and don't open your mouth again until she answers). She may not tell you the truth, but you should know it when she's done talking. Just think, you'll have your answer... and you won't even have admitted anything. Honesty's some devious stuff, eh? Shocked
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 04:54 pm
I suspect her family is involved in the Carnation Underground. These people seduce customers such as yourself into purchasing their carnations thus resulting in massive profits for themselves. If you buy one carnation you will soon be purchasing a dozen roses!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 06:34 pm
I've heard of this before. I knew this guy who knew a guy... basically he bought a carnation from some girl and my friend never saw him again.

I think this happened in the deep south. The cult is more hostile in that area.
0 Replies

Krysia

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 04:20 pm
I wouldn't really trust a person who is also trying to sell you something. If after she's done selling her flowers, she still thinks up ways to strike up a conversation of this nature with you, then I'd take that as a sign that maybe she likes ya. But, from experience, people who are selling you something will go to extremes sometimes.
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:37 pm
I never trust female salesman. They always try to use their sex appeal to get you to buy. I've seen it a million times where desperate guys are dooped into doing stupid ass things.

Perfect example is in that show the apprentice. When it was girls vs guys. The girls were flashing skin and flirting with potential customers when they were selling stuff on the street. Blew the guys out of the water.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 01:09 pm
almach1 wrote:
I never trust female salesman. They always try to use their sex appeal to get you to buy. I've seen it a million times where desperate guys are dooped into doing stupid ass things.

Perfect example is in that show the apprentice. When it was girls vs guys. The girls were flashing skin and flirting with potential customers when they were selling stuff on the street. Blew the guys out of the water.

Not all women are like that and men who are smart enough to know it exists don't have problems spotting it and avoiding it.

She might be trying to sell you a flower, she might just want attention. At your age, who knows. My suggestion is to wait until after flower sales. If she still pays attention to you, go for it. If not, you are better off for not buying a stupid flower you didn't want,
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 01:47 pm
Say, "Hi," when you see her. Smile. Ask her how her flower sales are going. You'll soon get a sense of whether she wants you for yourself alone or whether she wants you for your carnation-buying potential.
0 Replies

Mirentxu

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 01:51 pm
Now really. If you want her to like you, you should change your name from 'Corpse Grinder.' Unless she is goth.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 01:57 pm
the question is, is she singling you out or is she doing this to everyone (when ur not looking that is)
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 03:51 pm
Kristie wrote:
almach1 wrote:

Not all women are like that and men who are smart enough to know it exists don't have problems spotting it and avoiding it.

Of course not all women are like this, but I get pissed when I see fools get suckered. Women can smell guys who will fall for their trickery.
0 Replies

Krysia

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 04:43 pm
Salesmen can be the same way with women, too, though. I fell for it once, and I felt like an idiot afterwards, but people who need to sell you something will say whatever they think it takes to get you to give them what they want (your money). When I was in uni, and salesmen were roaming the campus, I saw how they would go only to certain types of girls and use these tricks to try and either flatter, guilt, or even intimidate them into buying whatever junk they had. Once, this person actually tried to trick me into it. I'm sure that the saleswomen did the same thing to the unsuspecting men on campus, just with different techniques.

No offense to anyone out there who has to sucker people into buying things for a living, though! I know it's just your job. Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 04:50 pm
almach1 wrote:

Oh please. I have salesmen flirt with me all the time in an attempt to try and get me to buy stuff and from what I've seen in some other of your posts, you just don't like women.

By the way, it's a saleswoman, not a female salesman.
0 Replies

almach1

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 01:21 am
Montana wrote:
almach1 wrote:

Oh please. I have salesmen flirt with me all the time in an attempt to try and get me to buy stuff and from what I've seen in some other of your posts, you just don't like women.

By the way, it's a saleswoman, not a female salesman.
There are a million different tactics when it comes to salesmanship(i mean saleswomanship to be PC). i mistrust any salesman, but it just seems that women are always pushing the same tactic. I think you know what it is. I don't get mad a the girl for using her skin to sell, I get more pissed at the idiot that falls for it. I actually take it as an insult to my intelligence when some girl thinks they can just shake some ass in front of me and i'll do whatever they want.

Of course in the corporate world it's different, and my generalizations are about industries like retail, restaurants and things like that.

Oh and I don't hate women. I just don't like dumb ones who rely on their looks for everything. Sorry if I expect women to use something more than their bodys to make a living. Montana you sound like a true feminist, but I don't get it. I bash my own gender for being dumbasses when it comes to looking at women like sex objects and you bash me calling me a sexist.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 01:34 am
Trust me, it's not a gender issue, it's a sales issue ;-)
0 Replies