norwewgian translation

Hunce

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 07:07 am
I am having problems finding a site whereby I can translate norwegian and type in english and reply back in norwegian. Have only found one way translators
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 849 • Replies: 11
No top replies

mycdplayerisbroke

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 04:20 pm
http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=Norwegian&to=English

snakker du norsk da? det er ikke 100% riktig, men det arbeider...

love,
eric Cool
0 Replies

Hunce

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 05:08 pm
mycdplayerisbroke wrote:
http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=Norwegian&to=English

snakker du norsk da? det er ikke 100% riktig, men det arbeider...

love,
eric Cool

Being I'm on a fixed income pay per view translators are out-But thanks
0 Replies

mycdplayerisbroke

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 06:03 pm
no man it works!
http://www.tranexp.com:2000/Translate/result.shtml

i'm doing it now and it doesn't cost me anything...
try the link above then
0 Replies

Hunce

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 03:20 am
translation
When I copy pasted your norse reply from your first reply, into the english conversion, this is what I got: I'm afraid to hit the spellcheck on this one-hehehe

Edit: Moderator: Link deleted
0 Replies

EngelskJente

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 07:14 am
Not for whole phrases, but www.tritrans.net (search for tri trans in google will lead the way) is good for the odd word

that said norwegian is a very easy language to learn :-P
0 Replies

Hunce

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:32 pm
I tried the 'tritans' site but it wouldn't advance to the next page after clicking next-Also Norwegian isn't a easy language to learn, but is easy to for get if you don't use it. As a child I spoke it and english. Now I only know enough Norwegian to get into trouble but not enough to get me out of it......
0 Replies

EngelskJente

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:11 am
Oh.. that's odd, i don't usually have a problem... hmmm.. i only forget norwegian if i have been using too much swedish... i use both frequently, although usually only writing and reading, as I don't call my friends as oten as I could due to phone bills and slight time difference etc etc etc...
I wish I could have spoken another language as a kid (not including compulsory French) as it was I had to teach myself Swedish... as for Norwegian it was extremely easy to pick it up after some weeks of living in Norway... I have never studied either though, that would take the fun out of it, I think Razz

Hmmm.... I'm intrigued as to what sort of trouble you could get yourself into by using a language....? Razz
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:41 am
Hunce, you may have to type the link that mycdisbroke provided into your browser window if clicking on it led to a "link disabled" message. The link was, in all likelihood, disabled by A2K moderators, not the site itself. This is a common practice on A2K to discourage spammers and hackers from infecting the site.
0 Replies

Hunce

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 04:53 am
'Jente' I was born and raised in Wisconsin USA,and had several languages spoken but mostly Norwegian. As far as getting in trouble with language, just don't make some 'off' remark in the language you don't have full control of and they do.......BTW my ex is a swede and don't go there........
0 Replies

EngelskJente

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 05:04 am
lol i see what you mean now...

in my thread about thankyou in other languages, someone commented about phrase books that deliberately misled... ie that would say bitch instead of she and so forth....

anyway...

good luck with finding the free online translators.. i have never had much luck with them :-)
0 Replies

Hunce

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 05:11 am
I had real good luck with the tolken99 translator, but they are no longer supported. Also it was a swedish system that owns it. Now I can't even find one that will take words and phrases....
0 Replies