I'm wearing a special fabric sandal and a heavy hockey sock.

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 05:01 am
I'm wearing a special fabric sandal and a heavy hockey sock.

I'm not, but a friend of mine is. (And having a wonderful time getting around in the slush.) and I thought the words had a nice rhythm to them.

Try saying it three times: I'm wearing a special fabric sandal and a heavy hockey sock.

See? It's as addictive as the pain meds they are giving him.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask for tales of weird medical garb and devices worn so I could make him feel less alone this Saturday at dinner. So what medieval contraptions have you had to endure?

He's got about eight weeks to go in the heavy hockey sock.

Joe (My but that is an attractive special fabric sandal.) Nation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,034 • Replies: 11
No top replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 08:43 am
ouch!

I trudged around with a Joe Namath style Lenox-Hill knee brace for 6 months back when I was in college. I was messing around on a trampoline and landed on the pad with the edge of my foot instead of the flat bottom. My knee snapped, my leg bent back forcing my heel to my butt and stayed there. I was still in the air at the time so when I came back down on the mat I only had one foot to land on. It was not a fun day. I had major knee reconstruction, was in a toe to hip cast for 12 weeks and then the brace for an additional 6 months. This started in August so by the time the heavy snows of the Vt winter hit I was able to put a boot on below the brace.

gee Joe, thanks for trip down memory lane!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:02 am
What did he do to himself?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:03 am
I had foot surgery a few years ago and had to wear this funky sandal with a wild wedge that tilted my heavily bandaged sweatsock-covered foot so that my toes were up higher than my heel. Nothing like being on a crowded subway train terrified that at any time, someone's gonna step on your exposed toes. That'll wake you up in the morning. A month later, I moved into the regular funky after-surgery sandal and wore that for a few weeks until my mother became ill and a week and a half sooner than my doctor wanted, I had to stuff my foot into a sneaker and go to her. My healing time was over.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 03:22 pm
Every woman who has acquired a new baby spends about a year balancing the baby on one hip and learning how to manage most chores with only the dominant hand.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 03:24 pm
sandals and socks...are they black socks? Is he from Jersey?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:03 am
Laughing

Saw them last night at dinner. Not Jersey, Lon Guyland.

Thanks everyone.

JN
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:10 am
I remember back in '37 when I walked a little too close to a hay baler and scraped my finger. I started bleeding and was forced to wear a band-aid for the better part of three hours.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:36 am
scraped a what??
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:38 am
A finger.

Hey, Joe, I was just over at the scrabble site watching your game. Very exciting.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:53 am
Did you see Occambill play me? He played EQUAL then EQUALIZER then EQUALIZERS whilst I sat there transfixed
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:58 am
Occom Bill is the luckiest bastard on the planet.

I suppose you were sitting there with a shitload of vowels.
0 Replies