fish oil

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 02:36 pm
is there any risk, danger in using gel caped pills supplements like V-E or fish oil in the form of a supp.?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,000 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 02:57 pm
I prefer not to use them - better to get it straight from the original source - the fish itself.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:11 pm
No danger whatsoever, taken in the correct dosage. In fact, they are free of mercury and other heavy metals that may appear in the fish itself. I use fish oil, and it has helped lower my cholesterol substantially. I take one capsule a day, just before dinner.
0 Replies

newtoexam

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:28 pm
ooops, supp meaning (the other end) as supposed to supplement. Hope this qustion is not offensive
0 Replies

newtoexam

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:28 pm
ooops, supp meaning (the other end) as supposed to supplement. Hope this qustion is not offensive
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:32 pm
You mean as a suppository? What in the world for?

Are you sufficiently embarrassed now that you will never return to A2K and let us know what the real deal is? Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:43 pm
In that case, it would beat using a fish..

Ah, sorry, I couldn't help myself from saying that.
Welcome to a2k!
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:47 pm
A suppository? Yikes! you need a proctologist.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 05:12 pm
I tried this once. I was like the Pied Piper for cats.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 06:43 pm
used to drink nook mam in another place years ago. Wed cut it with 7-up. When I tried to cook with it years later i nearly puked.

stuffing a fish iinto ones anal orifice can cause "carp-in tunnel syndrome"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:24 pm
Thank you, farmer, I'll remember that post, perfection.

I've supped a lot of fish sauce in various vietnamese dip concoctions, but, eeek, not diluted with seven up.... urggggggg.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:10 pm
Used as a suppository, it might also cause anal fish-ures.

On the general topic of Vit-E and fish oil, taken orally :wink: , I recall hearing a few months back that Vit-E (in doses of about 400 units a day) can increase the probability of a heart attack. I had been taking a Vit-E supplement and I discontinued it after hearing the report.

Fish oil, on the other hand, is the only supplement actually recommended by the American Heart Association. It seems to have many positive benefits, and no real drawbacks. I use 1000 mg a day.
Consumer Reports magazine checked out fish oil supplements about a year and a half ago and tested them for things like mercury content. Anyone thinking of taking a fish oil supplement should look at their recommendations.
0 Replies