OMG! I got bananna in her eyes!!!

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 10:53 pm
This is perhaps how children learn to dissociate their noses from their eyeballs from their wee mouths.... some things work, some don't!

I don't remember these steps myself, but I do remember sitting in my high chair with a cracker...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 09:11 am
Oh man. I have a lot of these. Talked about the falling off the bed one recently. One of the scariest yet was probably the hotel one, about a year ago.

We were staying in the same hotel for the second time. The first time we'd had a suite -- the beds were in one room, then a connecting door to another big room (couches, TV, conference table, etc.) So the first time, sozlet would keep sleeping in morning after I woke up in the bedroom with the door closed, I'd read or whatever in the big room, and she'd come through the door when she woke up.

The second time, the "bedroom" was the room -- not a suite, just a regular hotel room.

So I woke up earlier than her, as usual, and was reading in the bathroom with the door slightly ajar. I'd get up to check on her now and then. One time I got up to check on her, and couldn't see her right away. The curtains were drawn and the blankets were lumpy and it hard to see and I didn't want to wake her up, took awhile. Looking gradually got more desperate. Looked on the floor, looked behind the chair (if she's tired enough she'll fall asleep anywhere.) Turned on the light fully expecting to finally see her in plain sight and feel dumb for waking her up, but no, she wasn't there. Increasingly panicked flinging of pillows and blankets. Nope, nope, nope.

Flung on my bathrobe (was still in PJ's) and opened the door to the room. Saw poor sleepy crying sozlet being carried down the hallway towards me by a hotel worker.

Gack.

I don't think my heartrate went back to normal for days.

She'd remembered the suite and, half-asleep, had opened the room door out into the hallway -- by the time she realized that wasn't right, the door had closed (and locked) behind her. And of course knocking didn't accomplish anything.

We were both rather traumatized but could've easlily been so much worse. Best I could figure, I checked on her as soon as the door closed (I probably sensed in on some level) and she was only out there as long as I was conducting my in-room search.
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 01:16 pm
My lil girl stuck a kix cereal ball in her nose and i coudln't get it out with tweezers. At the time she was already very conjested and couldn't breath well not to mention she was screaming. I usually stay pretty calm cause i have delt with kids before but this made me panic lol. We asked her why she did thsi and she said cause I was full already.

Another time i had a lil boy staying with me and he discoverd his wee wee and decided to put this metal ring on it. Well he got it on but was not able to get it back off. We ended up having to take him to ER to have it removed. I can laugh about it now but that frazzled me. I don't know what goes through kids heads when they do stuff.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 03:57 pm
A ring on the wee wee? yeah, i can see how that is hilarious now, but not then !! Laughing

I just had another OH MY GOD moment.
Bean is still taking her antibiotics, of course, they are sweet and taste pretty good to her so she gets sort of excited when I apporach with her medicine spoon.
Today , about 11 pm she go that excitement again flinging her arms around and yelling MAMAMAMAMAMAA!! Like she always does when she is excited.
So i wait... until the arm swinging stops, the yelling tones down and she is sort of over her energy rush and start giving her the meds.
She swings her arms at me and POW.. she hits my arm harder then expected and the medicine spoon and the bone of my wrist end up in her face.
the spoon hit the tip of her nose and a LARGE amount of meds went right up the nostril. The bone of my wrist hit her in the cheek making her cry.
At first I thought she was just crying because she got scared . Then I noticed meds dripping out her nose Shocked

THAT CANT FEEL GOOD... poor thing.
So scared mommy scrambles to get some q-tips and clean it out. hhehehe... she did NOT like that idea.
Ended up madder then she was.
Called Doc, he got a chuckle but wasnt worried.
He said just watch and see if she gets more drainage from her nostril then usually but it will work its way out on its own..

Shocked

Bean will not survive to see 2 at the rate her mom is going!!!!!!! hehehehe
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 08:34 pm
Snarfle.....

good going, nurse! (I say with sympathy), and sure, she'll get over it and laugh back at you soon.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 05:38 pm
Laughing

at least i got it IN A hole...
Laughing
0 Replies