Global Warming...New Report...and it ain't happy news

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 07:17 pm
parados wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

Well it's also obvious that you've never lived in Kansas or Texas or Oklahoma or New Mexico, places where they really know corn. Smile In other words, when the corn harvest comes in here, it is field corn that most often shows up in the super markets because most of us prefer the larger ears and kernals and field corn just plain makes better roasting ears and a lot of us think it has a more pleasing texture and just plain tastes better. A fresh barrel of field corn roasting ears goes fast while the cellophane wrapped sweet corn goes begging in the produce department.
Laughing

You are too precious Fox. Believe me. If you have ever tasted field corn you would know it isn't what they sell in the super markets.

I grew up on a farm and know the difference between the two. We planted corn every year. My brother still owns the farm and will be planting corn, field and sweet. Both are planted in a field by the way. He will get quite a kick out of your explanation of corn.

Farmers often plant one turn of the planter with sweet corn at the edge of a field. We did it all the time. Even cooked in sugar water, field corn is hard to eat. My mom did that one time when she picked from the wrong rows.

Well I don't know what sort of corn you plant, but we do eat field corn here and yes, it is the very same stuff that is raised for cattle feed, etc. Admittedly you can't leave it on the stalk as long as you might sweet corn or it does get hard and tough as a boot. But pick it when it is still soft and juicy and it's great.
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2008 10:20 pm
Those little ads at the top of the page which I guess subsidize us being able to run our mouths for free here on a2k, had this at the top of the page where we're talking about ethanol:

"Biomass Algae
The Aquatic Plant That Could Solve America's Fuel Crisis. New Report.
www.GreenChipStocks.com/Biomass_Rpt"

Whaddaya think? Ready to run your car on pond scum?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 12:04 am
username wrote:
Those little ads at the top of the page which I guess subsidize us being able to run our mouths for free here on a2k, had this at the top of the page where we're talking about ethanol:

"Biomass Algae
The Aquatic Plant That Could Solve America's Fuel Crisis. New Report.
www.GreenChipStocks.com/Biomass_Rpt"

Whaddaya think? Ready to run your car on pond scum?

Laughing

We would be in a world of hurt here in New Mexico where we have the least surface water of all 50 states and it's hard to find a pond, much less a lot of pond scum.

However pond scum is about as appealing to me as one of our locals who modified her VW beetle to run on used cooking oil and goes to McDonalds to fill up. I suppose she has been passing her bi-annual emissions tests though.
0 Replies

username

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 12:43 am
I've heard about cars like that. People say they smell like the world's biggest batch of french fries as they drive past.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 04:57 pm
Quote:
However pond scum is about as appealing to me as one of our locals who modified her VW beetle to run on used cooking oil and goes to McDonalds to fill up. I suppose she has been passing her bi-annual emissions tests though.

it would probably be a "diesel bug" - a new one should arrive on the scene soon , VW promised .
hbg
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 08:35 pm
Almost any stuff when burned produces CO2.

The process of gathering/treating/compressing stuff to burn also produces CO2.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2008 08:54 pm
DISSENTS OF THE DISSENTERS

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb
As of December 20, 2007, over 400 prominent scientists--not a minority--from more than two dozen countries voiced significant objections to major aspects of the alleged UN IPCC "consensus" on man-made global warming.

0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 07:20 pm
ican711nm wrote:

You mean the idea to run all the cars, trucks, planes, ships, trains, and other stuff on cooking oil will pollute the planet with more CO2, leading us all to die of heat stroke, or just as bad - drown from melting glaciers and rising oceans? There for a while, I thought that idea could save the planet.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 08:29 pm
Will TATA( indian) make a better car ?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 09:59 am
This man is a true genius, as illustrated by the following quote, one of many jewels of brilliance in the paper he has come up with. And after reading his report, it provides ample reason for me to believe him on virtually nothing. Of course in 1971, his name appeared along with warnings of an ice age, also due to fossil fuels - how could anyone have guessed? He is also linked to George Soros, not exactly a non-political person. But really all you have to do to find out his science is more political than scientific is to read his own writings.

http://www.terradaily.com/2007/080407011650.dyqm0pmz.html

"What's become clear to me in the past several years is that both the executive branch and the legislative branch are strongly influenced by special fossil fuel interests," he said, referring to the providers of coal, oil and natural gas and the energy industry that burns them."
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 10:32 am
from the Associated Press :

Quote:

really just a confirmation of what other health scientists have already stated .
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 10:38 am
okie wrote:
ican711nm wrote:

You mean the idea to run all the cars, trucks, planes, ships, trains, and other stuff on cooking oil will pollute the planet with more CO2, leading us all to die of heat stroke, or just as bad - drown from melting glaciers and rising oceans? There for a while, I thought that idea could save the planet.

Laughing

Yes, just as bad, and oh my ... Crying or Very sad We've got to find some way to cut down the amount of animal (e.g., dogs, cats, cows, monkeys, apes, humans, et cetera) exhalations. That too is loaded with CO2.

Maybe we can plant grass on and in everything. That grass will absorb all that CO2 released by animals and release O2 into the atmosphere.
Surprised

Whoops! I forgot all the CO2 that would be released by the power mowers required to periodically trim that grass. Shocked
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 10:45 am
It will probably be illegal to mow the grass, icann, so not to worry.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 10:48 am
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb
As of December 20, 2007, over 400 prominent scientists--not a minority--from more than two dozen countries voiced significant objections to major aspects of the alleged UN IPCC "consensus" on man-made global warming.

THE DISSENTS OF THE DISSENTERS

Quote:

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport#report

2. Dr. Denis G. Rancourt, Professor of Physics and an Environmental Science researcher at the University of Ottawa, believes the global warming campaigns do a disservice to the environmental movement. "Promoting the global warming myth trains people to accept unverified, remote, and abstract dangers in the place of true problems that they can discover for themselves by becoming directly engaged in their workplace and by doing their own research and observations. It trains people to think lifestyle choices (in relation to CO2 emission) rather than to think activism in the sense of exerting an influence to change societal structures," Rancourt wrote in a February 27, 2007 blog post. Rancourt believes that global warming "will not become humankind's greatest threat until the sun has its next hiccup in a billion years or more (in the very unlikely scenario that we are still around,)" and noted that even if C02 emissions were a grave threat, "government action and political will cannot measurably or significantly ameliorate global climate in the present world." Rancourt believes environmentalists have been duped into promoting global warming as a crisis. "I argue that by far the most destructive force on the planet is power-driven financiers and profit-driven corporations and their cartels backed by military might; and that the global warming myth is a red herring that contributes to hiding this truth. In my opinion, activists who, using any justification, feed the global warming myth have effectively been co-opted, or at best neutralized," Rancourt wrote. Rancourt also questioned the whole concept of a global average temperature, noting, "Averaging problems aside, many tenuous approximations must be made in order to arrive at any of the reported final global average temperature curves." He further explained: "This means that determining an average of a quantity (Earth surface temperature) that is everywhere different and continuously changing with time at every point, using measurements at discrete times and places (weather stations), is virtually impossible; in that the resulting number is highly sensitive to the chosen extrapolation method(s) needed to calculate (or rather approximate) the average." "The estimates are uncertain and can change the calculated global warming by as much as 0.5 C, thereby removing the originally reported effect entirely," he added. Finally, Rancourt asserted that in a warm world, life prospers. "There is no known case of a sustained warming alone having negatively impacted an entire population," he said, adding, "As a general rule, all life on Earth does better when it's hotter: Compare ecological diversity and biotic density (or biomass) at the poles and at the equator." Rancourt added, "Global warming is strictly an imaginary problem of the First World middle class."
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2008 11:10 am
okie wrote:
It will probably be illegal to mow the grass, icann, so not to worry.

Laughing

But if things get out of control and people resort to the use of hand tools like scyths to trim that grass, more CO2 will be released by hard working and hard breathing humans. Worse, more of those hand tools will be manufactured, releasing even more CO2.

I'd recommend we all migrate to other planets, if it weren't for all the CO2 that would be released into the earth's atmosphere by our departure vehicles.

Even if humans did depart the earth ... uhhh ... physically, humans would just pollute the universe.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 10:06 am
Global warming in South America:

http://intellicast.com/Community/Content.aspx?a=124

"On July 9th 2007, thousands of Argentines cheered in the streets of Buenos Aires got covered by snow. The Argentinean capital was white again after nearly a century.

Last time it snowed there was June 22nd 1918. It snowed for the first time in history in some towns of the Santa Fe Province. The snow event followed a bitterly cold month of May that saw subfreezing temperatures, the coldest in 40 years in Buenos Aires. That cold wave contributed to an energy crisis and dozens of deaths. This 2007 May figured among the coldest in recent decades also in Uruguay and Southern Brazil."

Where has this news been hiding in the main stream media?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 01:02 pm
THE DISSENTS OF THE SCIENTIFIC DISSENTERS
Quote:

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport#report

3. Czech-born U.S. climatologist Dr. George Kukla, a research scientist with the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University expressed climate skepticism in 2007. "The only thing to worry about is the damage that can be done by worrying. Why are some scientists worried? Perhaps because they feel that to stop worrying may mean to stop being paid," Kukla told Gelf Magazine on April 24, 2007. "What I think is this: Man is responsible for a PART of global warming. MOST of it is still natural," Kukla explained. (LINK) Kukla "said that the accelerating warming of the Earth is not caused by man but by the regularities of the planets' circulation around the Sun," according to a June 4, 2007 article in the Prague Monitor. "The changes in the Earth's circulation around the Sun are now extremely slow. Moreover, they are partially being compensated by the human impact on the climate. I think we will know more in about 50 years," Kukla said. Kukla is viewed as a pioneer in the study of solar forcing of climate changes.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 02:31 pm
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/ca0331dd.jpg
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 03:36 pm
If we all do not hurry and emit much much more CO2 into the atmosphere, we will all freeze to death by 2084. Shocked

Ican help!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6058358&nseq=10
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 06:11 pm
the Ontario College of Family Physicians is concerned that climate change is beginning to effect the health of the population even in developed countries .

Quote:
(lyme disease carrying ticks were already found in the thousand islands and along eastern lake ontario last year)

Public health units could also be faced with more cases of the West Nile virus, which can cause meningitis, encephalitis and a polio-like syndrome.
(west nile virus arrived in ontario several years ago and is beginning to spread across canada)

The American Public Health Association raised similar concerns about climate change last week and said its effects on the public could be one of the top challenges facing the health community.

0 Replies