what should i do?

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 04:32 pm
my gf and I broke up a while ago...not because things werent good, or we didnt care for eachother anymore, but because she was too busy and felt she was holding me back...idk but we both want to get back together. We are just waiting for the right time...weve been together on and off for 4 years btw. But lately it has been good. I want to do something soooo incredible for her to let her know i still really love her like something really romantic. But the problem is my budget is like 20-30 bucks cause im only 17 and am in hs, so please help...any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 980 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 06:15 pm
leave her alone
Based on your last thread, you should not be pressuring your ex-girlfriend to re-enter a relationship with you. She broke up with you so she could concentrate on her emotional / mental health issues. You ought to respect her decision instead of thinking up ways to get her back into a relationship that she's not emotionally equipped to handle.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1108658#1108658

EMSFD125 wrote:
ive posted a few times about this but the situation keeps changing and its confusing the hell outta me. Heres the deal...me and my gf are 17, weve been together on and off for 4 years. Both really care about eachother and are great friends. She just broke up with me because she said she ahd alot in her life she needed to deal with and she was really down and out. She says she still cares about me just as much as if we were going out and wants to go out again when things calm down. Until then though, i feel like i should stay close to her and be there for her because she obviously is having a hard time with something, what...i really dont know. But the thing is, like shes just so pissed off at the world and depressed sometimes that she gaffs me off and im just like, why bother. She told me her and her parents decided she should go speak to someone about her issues and ive supported it cause i want the old her back. But idk what to do anymore, i feel like she just doesnt want me around sometimes and i mean im 17, i feel like im married to her because we are so close, but i dont deserve to be treated like this right? Please help, idk what to do anymore.
0 Replies

EMSFD125

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:20 pm
yes, i do realize i wrote that thread but see ive noticed a problem with some of the people on this sight....they seem to think they know more about a person's social life then the person does...i asked this particular question because things have changed since my last post. There is no need to bring back my old post. So I would appreciate it if you could help me with my question now, instead of issues that have been dealt with and resolved for a while now. thank you
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:25 pm
I think debra posted that so that those of us who DONT know your situation may be able to understand the entire situation.. usually that gives people a good insight to what is going on and the information / suggstions you are given will be more relevant to your needs instead of being way off base . ;-)
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 08:25 pm
two weeks
EMSFD125 wrote:
yes, i do realize i wrote that thread but see ive noticed a problem with some of the people on this sight....they seem to think they know more about a person's social life then the person does...i asked this particular question because things have changed since my last post. There is no need to bring back my old post. So I would appreciate it if you could help me with my question now, instead of issues that have been dealt with and resolved for a while now. thank you

It was not an OLD post. You wrote about your ex-girlfriend's emotional problems and her need to address her issues just two weeks ago. She didn't break up with you because she was "too busy" or because she was holding you back -- she broke up with you because she needed focus on her problems without you placing demands on her time and attention.

You are being needy and selfish. You are not respecting HER decision to focus on HER mental health issues. Things have not changed in only two week. Mental health issues are not resolved overnight. You want to pressure her into a relationship through romantic overtures when she's not emotionally healthy enough to be in a relationship. I will not encourage your efforts to pressure your ex-girlfriend.
0 Replies

EMSFD125

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:10 pm
ok, im gonna listen to you because....ya there really isnt any good reason to. I appreciate it if you stopped coming up with your own conclusions conscerning situations that have been going on in my life, that really you know only a fraction of what its about and what has changed....so i appreciate it if debra would stop responding to my posts, you are of no help.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:32 pm
EMSFD125,

Sometimes truth is painful. I have watched Debra reach out and take alot of her time trying to help others on this forum. Just as she is trying to do for you right now.

I have to say, I agree with most of what she just said.

At the same time, I believe your youth is part of what is keeping you from understanding.

You say you love this girl. Then the greatest gift you can give her lies inside of you. That gift, my friend, .......is your willingness to do what is best for her. Even if it hurts.

Be her friend right now. A soft, gentle friend. Nothing more.
0 Replies

EMSFD125

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 09:47 pm
before any more of you think im young and stupid...i should mention she told me she wanted to get back together, i was the one who told her lets wait so again, what is something romantic i can do for her...that is my question
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:03 pm
Being young does not mean you are stupid. BUT since you obviously do not want advice, I will back off.

But my answer of the greatest gift you can give her still stands.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:07 pm
So to answer your question...

What can you do for $20-30 that is romantic....

Sounds corny(and I've never done it), but you could cook some food and take her on a picnic, or just make her a nice dinner somewhere?

Write a poem and get it framed.

That being said, gifts don't "win" women over. If you're trying to get back with her, I agree with everything posted above. Work on getting the relationship back in place, rather than buying her things, IN ORDER to make things work.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:09 pm
Hang in there dudeĀ… I'll help you.

There is a very common misconception about women present in men. You are about the age you're either going to figure this out or you aren't (most don't). Women are never won over by romantic excess, ever. This is something desperate losers do... and it never, ever works. On the occasions that the excessive "swept her off her feet" strategy works, it wasn't necessary in the first place. If you really want to do something to impress a woman, do something that shows you care. Ready for the bonus? It can be free.

In this case, instead of blowing dough on some meaningless nonsense, I would take the opportunity to learn more about couples, since that is your primary concern (unless you're not being honest). Nothing will make a girl crazier about you than if you actually take the time to learn what makes girls tick. Once you understand how love works, you become irresistible! Get it?

You have two problems. First, you don't know Jack about how the female brain works. You don't want to know too much, or your head would explode (they're all nuts). To give you just a peak at it; you are going to read "Men are from Mars, Woman are from Venus". Remember what you read because every chick reads this book and you're a blind fool without a cane if you don't. Got that?

Problem number Two: You, my friend, are co-dependant... and it sounds like she may be a little too from the little bit provided here. Don't panic. That isn't necessarily even a bad thing... but if you don't know how to know if it's good or bad, you won't know, you know? There's plenty of boring a$$ books out their that I could recommend but learning doesn't have to be a drag so I won't. Stanton Peele is the coolest ex-hippy there ever was and he wrote a relatively short book called Love and Addiction. This guy likens love addiction and drug addiction so believably it's uncanny. Plus he'll have you howling on the floor as you realize some of the bizarre sh!t is true and applies to you! You gotta check this guy out. Like "Men are From Mars...", the knowledge you pick up is invaluable when it comes to impressing women. Believe it. The key to her heart is a more intelligent, caring you... and it doesn't even have to hurt. You can pick up Men are from Mars anywhere if you really care... and I'll grab Stanton Peele for you. Just read the first couple of pages and see if he doesn't grab you. Click here.

Good luck! And I want to hear you progress reports on your studies. You'll be irresistible in no time!

Ps. Sorry you're so bummed that Debra is trying to help you. You shouldn't be. She is trying to help you. On a message board like this you pose your questions, read your answers and believe what you will. No one here (accept maybe me Razz ) will claim to know exactly what's right for you. You'll agree with some, disagree with others and then make up your own mind. You'll never get hurt reading extra opinions. Whining about her bringing up your other post is indicative of someone who doesn't realize they're asking for faulty advice. NEVER EVER lie to your Doctor, Lawyer or Shrink. We're playing the role of your shrink, and if you lie to us it's a garbage in garbage out situation. If you figure that out at 17 you're doing okay. Live and learn.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 10:12 pm
Slappy, bring back Dr. Evil.

(((((Brooklyn my darling)))))
0 Replies

EMSFD125

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:21 pm
thank you occom, i appreciate your advice...i will definatly follow thru with that.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:55 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

(((((Brooklyn my darling)))))

Mmmmmmmmmmm ((((((((( Bill ))))))))))))

Great advice by the way. :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:21 am
Just reading that, coming from your pretty face, my sweet, should be all the proof he needs. :wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 11:08 am
Yes.

Take it from Bill, a man that has boned at LEAST, three bitches.

No, that's good adivce. You should be pumped. Looking back I realized how much more ass I could have gotten if someone bitch-slapped me a few times.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 06:45 am
EMSFD, It's not what you buy, it's what you do. Impress her with your affection.
0 Replies