ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 06:32 pm
yikes, walex is a bit of a nutter Shocked
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:01 pm
I just put someone on my noplay list but forget the name, darnit. First time I've done so. Played a whole game, I really tried, was beating him soundly, then in the last 30 seconds he disappeared. Was adjudicated in my favor but no change to my rating, nor his apparently, as in I think why he did it. Plus just annoying.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:16 pm
You can view you no-play list to figure out who it is, if you really want to.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:17 pm
Earlier tonight, Beth had 5 Is in one rack!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:20 pm
2 games in a row - 5 i's
crap

the no-play thing isn't permanent - so you have to re-no-play the truly annoying Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:21 pm
That bites (both parts!).
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:53 pm
Ha. I was matched with someone tonight who, 20 seconds into the game asked "r u a gril? " I think he meant "girl" so I said "um...no" and he aborted the game. Pretty pathetic, eh?
I've been away from A2K for a spell but have been playing scrabble regularly. I've met a bunch of fascinating folks from all over the world.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 10:27 pm
RJB - that's great (the later part).
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:55 am
hey, sometimes people that disappear do so because their ISP sucks. i've been there.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:37 am
Oh, me too. This was just too pat though.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:38 am
course, it only happens to me when I am beating somebody. Wink
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:49 am
I know!

And then I go ack and hammer at the keyboard and jump up to connect dial-up (it's my DSL that goes kerflooey) and wait for the dial-up to connect... and wait... and wait... and nibble my fingernails as the dratted thing takes absolutely forever... and wait some more... and then type furiously to get in and hope hope hope it's some kind soul like littlek (who's very kind) who has been extending the grace period and then my heart's hammering so hard I can't figure out if "cat" is a word.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:52 am
It's that kind of passion that gets you your high rating, I guess.

I get bored a lot of the time and want to wander away, but stick it out anyway. Don't play much with over 15 minutes on the clock any more.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:54 am
It's just a little 20-minute chunks of intensity and brain-cell mayhem -- brightens up my day.

E.G. usually does taxes and was putting it off and putting it off and I was like this is so stupid let me at 'em! He's the one who has more intellectual stimulation than he can handle, I'm the one who WANTS it.

Not that taxes are intellectual stimulation per se, but sure get the brain cells buzzing. And committing suicide.

(I don't play more than 15 minutes either, think I'm ready for 10-minute games as that's often about how it winds up.)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:58 am
Depends who I'm playing. Played someone vastly higher rated this morning, and 15 minutes wasn't enough. Kept it close, But I just didn't have time to make considered moves at the end. (One of those damn clusterfrick boards that makes it impossible to play your last three tiles, and you can't close that stinking 10 point gap...)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:02 am
That's annoying.

Can I just say there really should be at least ONE two-letter word that starts or ends with c? (And if there is one, can someone enlighten me?) Damn "c" words are always mucking up the works -- nothing you can do with them.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:02 am
and here i aam playing at 20 minutes...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 05:24 pm
I hate when a chunk of board dead-ends on a badly placed C.
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:51 am
A couple of days ago I logged in and found Sozobe is soaring with a rating way over 900.

I've been playing for 2 years, my best rating is 903 and have been stuck in the 700s for ages.

Whaaaaah!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:53 am
I got to 970 for a while!

Then back 900-ish.

Now I'm 950 something I think.

Last game, my third-from-last move was "evincing", open e at the top left corner, triple word score, 95 points, to take the lead. That was fun!!

(Meanwhile, I seem to have a stalker. Can't figure out if he's harmless or not. Making me not want to play, should prolly deal with him.)
0 Replies