NEW BREAST CANCER INFORMATION SITE - feedback please!

msolga

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 05:15 am
Breast Cancer Knowledge Online (BCKOnline) is the combined work of women with breast cancer and a team of Monash University (Melbourne, Australia) researchers.

Their aim is to supply breast cancer information to women & others specifically tailored to their own, particular needs:

You may search for information in 3 different ways:
Personalised Search allows you to 'tailor' information to your specific needs by simply selecting some, or all, of the categories describing your situation, e.g. a partner of a young woman

Browse Breast Cancer topics allows you to select and browse broad topics of information e.g. 'chemotherapy', 'surgery' and to combine up to 4 separate categories in a single search

Simple Search allows you to enter a search word or phrase, e.g. tamoxifen

This site is still in it's early stages & will probably undergo a number of refinements before it's completed. Any constructive feedback at this point would be much appreciated, either via this thread, or through the site itself.

A friend of mine, Rosetta, is one of the 10 women involved in the project. She's the research person. I think she's done a great job! Very Happy

So, feedback, please?:

http://www.bckonline.monash.edu.au/

Many thanks,
Olga

PS ... I can't figure out how to reduce the size of the page while viewing ... So I hope you can!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 747 • Replies: 1
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 05:26 am
So far, Rosetta tells me, there's been feedback from mainly local women, in country Victoria. It's been very positive. Anyway, the way the information can be accessed &the variety of information is a "first", I believe & she'd love some feedback from women in other countries.
0 Replies