A2K and The Possible Blizzard of 2005

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:20 pm
WEllllll........you know, I HAVE had two kids!!! LOL

Quote:
WhoodaThunk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MakeMeShiver: If 20" of snow is of a tit-touching level, I'm getting quite a visual of you. Is the pull of gravity stronger in the South?

Ok...ok....knee deep then? lol Don't want to distort what image I had before than...lol
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:25 pm
Ha! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:26 pm
mss---

Whooda Thunk is a gallant, a pearl beyond price.

He also adores short legged-dogs.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:33 pm
Noddy is most kind.

I also like long-legged blondes ... as in my yellow lab, Gracie.

I'll bet your pitbull could hold his own with the snowplow, huh?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:33 pm
Hahaha, we're supposed to get over 2 feet in some places and then more snow on wed-thur and fri-sat. My landlady said, don't shovel, we'll just stomp it down. She suggested I go solicit young strapping men to shovel for us.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:35 pm
Noddy, I was SKEERED....I could see this mental image that was popping up or should I say, hangin around. And I'm a girl of the south, we don't go out withOUT push-ups..lol (or us ones that had some raising..lol)

And let me add here, LaQuer on our hips..lol
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:36 pm
Stomped down snow is still around in April ...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:39 pm
littlek wrote:
Hahaha, we're supposed to get over 2 feet in some places and then more snow on wed-thur and fri-sat. My landlady said, don't shovel, we'll just stomp it down. She suggested I go solicit young strapping men to shovel for us.

Hi K,

We've got almost a foot up here in NH already and it's supposed to snow through tomorrow afternoon. Boston and south shore are supposed to get even more. Good luck down there. I don't know where they're gonna put it all in Boston when they get it out of the streets.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:40 pm
Whooda - I know! Last year we had pack ice from December until March. I didna like it at all!
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:43 pm
Those of us who are homeowners with abutting sidewalks are liable for any injury/injuries due to neglicence, i.e., failure to clear walks.
My municipal ordinance allows me 4 hours from the end of the snowfall.
I hate tromped-down snow... it creates ice patches and litigation.
I wish the pedestrians would stay home until the storm is over.. instead of tromping down the snow which I will have to clear.
(@10:45 PM we have about six inches depth, strong easterly winds, intermittent "whiteouts". Mercifully, the traffic even on main routes is sparse. )
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:45 pm
Ooh didn't know that about homeowner's liability!

We haven't bothered -- nobody walks on the sidewalk around here (though they walk right in the street -- not a lot of traffic.)

We probably need to do something about the driveway tho.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:46 pm
Talked to my brother in Chicago a little while ago. They've got about 12". He's shoveled his walk 3 times today. My heart breaks for him... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:47 pm
Magus, us too. I don't own, but I am responsible (unwritten) for stuff like shoveling sidewalks and stairs. I get a break in my rent for doing it. I live right in Harvard Square - tons of foot traffic. I chip and flake crusted snow up as best I can. Then there's the snow melt stuff. I try to buy the pet-friendly stuff, but it's really expensive.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 09:56 pm
WhoodaThunk--

The first snowplow of the winter was earlier this week and Dear Sweet Iffy was a bit bewildered. This is her first winter in nine years without the older brother whom she used to bully to the point of blood.

Crying "Havoc" can be a lonely business.

ssm--

"LaQuer "? I'm an uncivilized Yankee. My hips ain't sealed.

As for shoveling snow, it's great to have a man around the house, until the man has a handful of by passes.....and an unhealthy amount of testosterone. .

Can we all say, "Real men don't shovel snow"?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 10:15 pm
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/wetter/487.gifhttp://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/wetter/6854.gif
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:09 am
Well it's 3:00am here in Boston. One wind gust just measured at 55 mph. The snow is coming down sideways. You can hear the wind blowing outside. The house and windows are shaking. According to the radar it'll continue tomorrow. Think I'll hunker down and cancel that stroll on the beach.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:27 am
The trees have no snow on them, it's all blown out. Cars have snow piled agaisnt one side, with the othe side clear. There are sculptures in my little back yard. Quite the storm.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:54 am
What you do LittleK is go down to the hardware store (this is for the next time) and buy a roll of CAUTION tape, then at the sign of the first flake you tape off the sidewalk using the telephone poles, fence rails, bushs or whatever is handy. Make a nice neat box of it. Some yahoos may still walk through but most will cut around. Then you can shovel the still nice fluffy stuff and not have to chop ice for hours.

Joe(an old sawhorse stuck in the middle is a nice touch,)Nation
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:30 am
I just looked out a window that overlooks my back yard. In one spot I can see grass, in another spot it's 4 feet deep.

The wind is whipping around and howling. I'm sure we'll see alot of interesting snow-drift pictures after this storm is done.

It's 8:24 am right now, I guess we have about 10 more hours to go.

Everyone keep safe. :-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 07:36 am
Wow.

We've got some of that wind but the snow doesn't seem to be moving as much. We have a windchill advisory, with temps -20 F or more windchill, which seems a little wimpy to me -- if it's ACTUALLY -20 F and windchill factors of -50 or something, sure. (It's 5 right now.)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 11:19:01