A2K and The Possible Blizzard of 2005

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 03:37 pm
I went out.
I shovelled.
The dogs came out and observed for a little while, and then barked til I let them back into the house. They watched me from the sofa.
I shovelled some more.
Then I shovelled where I'd shovelled.
My polar fleece pants are soaked from the knee down - that never happens.
I'm supposed to go out in an hour.
Will I be dry by then?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 03:47 pm
possibly nothing is more disheartening than shovelling, only to have your work obliterated by more of the white shite...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 03:51 pm
That's my second time shovelling the sidewalk and the front steps. At least I got a workout to go with those iced oatmeal cookies.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 03:53 pm
Storm's over here. Maybe 5" total. The Comet Kahoutek and the Blizzard of '05 ... yeah well ... nobody's too seriously upset except my basset hound, Sophie. Anything over 2" is a blizzard for her ...
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 04:02 pm
Still snowing here Whooda. Not uncommon for Findlay area though. Last I saw....the high winds were still in Indiana, heading our way. Real fun begins then. :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:14 pm
We have seven inches with another 6 to 12 inches on the way.

Heart Cases and Broken Hips don't shovel. We're warm and cozy halfway up a mountain until tomorrow when Dwayne O' The Plow comes through.

With luck he'll also fill the bird feeders.

Dear Little Iffy is getting more and more displeased about the sanitary facilities, but in a pinch Mr. Noddy will take the leaf blower and clear a spot.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:20 pm
comin' down hot & heavy heeyuh now.
the Warning said possibly 2-4" an hour at times...

http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_bos_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:39 pm
ain't it just great !!!!
you know its bad I have been informed the hockey rink will be closed tomorrow

I 'll be having withdrawls by Monday
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:41 pm
eastern lake ontario at 7:30 pm : the wind is howling (north-east at 30 - 40 miles hour), but only about an inch of snow. temperature right now minus 22 C, overnoght minus 25-27 C with a windchill of minus 45 C. that should be cool enough. enjoyed "crazy for you" this afternoon, put on by the queen's university student theatre guild. great music, great hoofing, 26 piece pit band - really warmed us up on a cold afternoon. hbg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:42 pm
This is what I love about the internet! You can experience events like snow (what's that? Confused ) & blizzards ( Shocked )vicariously.... Without getting your own feet wet.
Wow, so this is what you folks live through in winter? Goodness me! Good luck!

BTW, a mild, sunny summer Sunday, here in Melbourne, Oz. Not half as exciting!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 06:43 pm
Stillllll coming down in New York. Local stations are yelping that it could be 20 inches.....

Now that we know where Kicky lives we can place the explosives.

Hey..... Don.... when you come to the city we will do the bar-b-q right.

AND why haven't the Kick and Frank and <<<< ME>>>> been graced with the presence of AU at one of our gatherings??

wHUT?

Back to the snow.... oh boy.... a state of emergency has just been declared in New Jersey. Ten inches and still falling at at a rate of two inches per hour.....

Joe (Salt of the Earth or the Sidewalk, you pick) Nation
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:02 pm
"a state of emergency has just been declared in New Jersey " ... wow, we usually know it's not a good idea to go out on the highway when the weatherchannel announces (usually quite non-chalantly) that the OPP(ontario provincial police) and the snowplows have been pulled off the roads - when you hear that it usually gets serious. hbg
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:03 pm
(snort!)
I thought N.J.'s "State of Emergency" was a chronic-type thing...
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:07 pm
Quote:
Hey..... Don.... when you come to the city we will do the bar-b-q right.

I can't say for sure what day I m getting there and for how long, going to be touring some collegs with my son and squeezed in a visit to the big city to see the outlaws,,,

Would be cool to meet up with a few of you guys though,, have to plan a BBq and a coooooll 20 oz Texas siz adult bev !!!! or 3
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:14 pm
Wow, reading this thread it sounds like there is alot of snow up north?!!

Yall yankess know what?
Im wearing shorts, sippin tea and relaxing in 72 degree weather, no humidity and a warm sun beating on my legs.
HA!

love yall cold ones anyways. heheh
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:21 pm
Yeah, but you're in Texas. I'll take 20 inches of snow any day.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:23 pm
HAHAHA, Amen FreeDuck..and I'm in Arkansas. But were dipping in the 20's tonight. But I won't complain, sounds like you Yanks are up to your tits in snow...lol (even though I love it, but life comes to a halt down here)
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:33 pm
MakeMeShiver: If 20" of snow is of a tit-touching level, I'm getting quite a visual of you. Is the pull of gravity stronger in the South? Shocked
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 07:47 pm
we hAD ONE OF THE FASTEST "SLAM BAM-THANK YOU MAAM" SNOWSTORMS. WE GOTT 8 INCHES IN SOUTHERN LANCASTER COUNTY. WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS THAT I WORKED MY ASS OFF LOADING FIREWOOD AND RIDING FENCE AND CLOSING PASTURES , WHEN I COULDA BEEN AT THE COFFEE SHOP WITH A FINE ESPRESSO.

TTHE WEATHER CHANNEL IS OBVIOUSLY OWNED BY TTHE NATIONAL ENQUIRER.
SO JERSY IS IN A STATE OF EMERGENCY, FINALLY THEY RECOGNIZED IT. PROBABLY BE A 150 CAR PILE UP ON THE TURNPIKE
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 08:19 pm
It started snowing last night around 6:00 pm. It was heavy and windy through the night. Accumulations of 12 - 14 inches this morning then lake effect snow off Lake Michigan gave us white-out conditions and another 4 or 5 inches today. Very, very cool! (but then, dh was the one out there with the shovel - he would chose different words!)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 08:55:20