A2K and The Possible Blizzard of 2005

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 01:21 pm
That's true, Brand X. I always heard northerners were better at driving on ice & snow, but the winter I lived in Cleveland, Ohio proved that wrong. They're so used to having snow removal equipment that they never have to learn how to drive on it. The roads in Cleveland were always cleared by 8 a.m. (Even the residential streets.) On the rare occasion when they must drive on it, they're totally helpless. We're actually better snow drivers down here where they only have enough snow removal equipment to clear the major intersections. We have no choice but to drive on it.

We got 3" of wet snow yesterday and a little more overnight. The kids are having a ball today. The streets are full of slush. Hope it doesn't freeze overnight and turn to ice.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:05 pm
Oh Boston people, we have a Nor' Easter a commin'.

Heavy, wet snow predicted for this friday. Power outages expected.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:07 pm
Friday....? Geez, this torm has been hard to keep up with. First I heard thursday, then I heard wednesday night through friday morning. First I heard 2 inches, then 6 then 10...... Haven't looked recently.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:07 pm
Daaaaamn. What a time you all are having. Sad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:11 pm
Eh, it Boston, snowiest (major) city in north america.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:13 pm
weather underground says wednesday through friday as above. But lists accumulation as light with drifts. Then they predict more snow for monday.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:16 pm
hmm
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:24 pm
"A complicated but significant storm", I'm listening...Tomorrow daytime o.k....tomorrow night, the games begin. Thursday storm intensifies.

7am Thursday messy, 10-18"north of Boston and outside of 128.

I'm going to get hit. Boston a mixture.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:07 pm
Yikes - 10-18" is not light accumulation!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:42 pm
True, but you know how the weather changes around here, you could get mostly rain, you never know.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:45 pm
This winter it seems to change towards snow, not rain, ya know? Oh well, I've recovered from the last round of shoveling by now.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:18 am
I walked around with out a coat on last saturday, granted I had 2 shirts on, but it was nice out!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 03:26 am
Too damn hot again yesterday - tossed and turned for hours last night trying to get to sleep.

Phoned up my Dad to see how his eye operation had gone (he's had cataracts removed, I call him 'Hawkeye' now) and he said it was STILL 30 Celsius at 8pm!! Hit the high 30s during the day and that's positively chilly for where they live!

You don't know how much we suffer in this weather - the bill for refreshing, cold drinks is astronomical!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 03:28 am
paulaj wrote:
I walked around with out a coat on last saturday, granted I had 2 shirts on, but it was nice out!

Hoping to catch the eye of the fellow who shovels the driveway? You'd get luckier with the pool-guy!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 06:52 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Too damn hot again yesterday - tossed and turned for hours last night trying to get to sleep.
You don't know how much we suffer in this weather - the bill for refreshing, cold drinks is astronomical!!

I can't sleep in a hot room either, it's the AC for me!

We have plenty of ice where I live, want me to mail you some? I want to help.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:32 am
We almost got down to where you could imagine bare patches might start showing up in the lawn but last night we got enough more snow that our blanket of white continues.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:39 am
50 degrees is a warm snap around here.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:41 am
And we are expecting 1 to 2 more inches today. It sounds like you Bostonians are going to get hit a bit harder.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:45 am
We are getting hit, but I like a good blizzard, so it dosen' bother me.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 11:04 am
eastern lake ontario : it's been mild the last few days (and very foggy and dreary). warning from environment canada : 'don't put the parka and snowshovel away, there is still some winter weather ahead' - one to two inches of snow and falling temp, minus 10 to 12 C, for the weekend. hbg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/23/2024 at 01:52:49