voluntary partial hysterectomy

Amora

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:15 pm
Hi! Smile
I want to get my uterus removed, as I don't want to have periods any longer and don't want to have to bother with taking pills, using implants and all that stuff.
Do u think that there's a chance for an (almost) 30-year old woman to find a doc or a hospital, where they would remove a healthy uterus? Do u maybe know about such a doctor or hospital? Question
Would be so grateful about your advice. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,747 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:18 pm
From what I know, they usually don't allow you to do so, because there is no going back and they don't want you to change your mind afterwards!!!
0 Replies

Amora

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:18 pm
Please, be not offended about my thread. For women who long for kids and need a hysterectomy, such a surgery must be horrific.
But for me it would make my dreams come true.
....waiting for ur answers.... Smile
0 Replies

Amora

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:20 pm
Thank U, Crazielady420,
... but are there no exceptions? Question Razz
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:23 pm
My MIL just had a hysterecomy and let me tell you, it ain't no in and out surgery. She's off work for 6-8 weeks.

I doubt very highly you will find a respected doctor that will remove a healthy organ.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:24 pm
I know some women who have their uterus removed (but leave ovaries in for hormonal reasons) due to excessive fibroids which cause painful periods. There are plenty of doctors who would do it for a reason such as this. Otherwise, I'm sure you can get your tubes tied if you are over 25 years old. That doesn't solve your period problem, though.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:55 pm
I don't know the figures, but a large number of women who have hysterectomies develop mild to severe bladder incontinence.

Weigh the inconvenience of 15 more years of periods to 50 years of adult diapers.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:01 pm
PS- None of us want our period.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:07 pm
Re: voluntary partial hysterectomy
Amora wrote:

Here's my advice Amora and I hope it's not too harsh.
You were born a woman. Face it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:25 pm
Re: voluntary partial hysterectomy
eoe wrote:
Amora wrote:

Here's my advice Amora and I hope it's not too harsh.
You were born a woman. Face it.

My thoughts exactly.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 04:51 pm
Kristie, "Roe vs. Wade" is proof positive that many women desperately wish to "have their period".
0 Replies

Amora

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 06:34 am
Hi to all! Very Happy
Thanks for ur answers! I know that I'm BORN as a woman, but i just don't feel like that. Crying or Very sad Gender reassignment surgery would go to far for me- even if i admire people who do that; but as for me, I "only" wanna lose as much of my feminity as possible, i.e. to reduce the size of my breasts to mini-cups as well as a hysterectomy. Razz Exclamation
I know that a hyster isn't like: " I go to hospital today and leave tomorrow". :wink:
Maybe I should mention that I'm German and German docs are generelly veeeeery hesitant to do such operations. I thought the US is the country of unlimited possibilities. Don't u think that there might be some doctors who are a little more willing to do a partial hyster (which doesn't affect the hormonal system at all) than in the Middle Ages of Germany? Question
Do you know a doc about whom you have the "gut feeling" that s/he might agree to doing a hyster on a healthy but desperate woman, if that woman pays for everything herself?
There r docs who implant F-cups, there are docs, who cut their patient's tongue, since they wish to look like an insect, there's so much craziness going on in every country. So, what's the problem with a "comparative" harmless and sane hysterectomy Question Question Razz
0 Replies