How do I talk my fiancee into all my cool wedding ideas??

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:46 am
Seriously people, a wedding with a mosh pit would be so much cooler than any of the generic white weddings on television.

edit: post cool wedding ideas of your own.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,730 • Replies: 21
No top replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 04:22 am
Just a hunch here ... Are you older than 14?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 07:30 am
eudae--

The wedding also belongs to your fiance. If you can't plan a wedding together harmoniously, your life together will be hellish and short.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 07:44 am
Heh! Cooler, indeed.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:17 am
Noddy, as per usual, is right on target.

eudaemonist- If you think that you are going to mold your fiancee into your image, you have some hard lessons coming. If your idea of marriage is forcing your ideas on your spouse (do you understand the concept of "negotiation"?) I would suggest that you have an attorney on retainer, at the ready!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:50 am
Hmm, I think this could be considerably more light-hearted than you guys are allowing. Especially, I think the edit indicates eudaemonist is mostly going for cool wedding ideas, with the mosh pit thing being a starter.

I've been thinking, but can't come up with anything!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:55 am
I wanted to go that way too Soz but she started with "Seriously people..."

Cool wedding ideas? Getting married anywhere but in a church, for starters. Thinking outside of the church opens up a whole array of cool. But what's considered cool? There's cool and then there's wild and crazy.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:57 am
"Seriously people" usually indicates to me that what came before it was a joke. Anyway, will let eudae speak for him/ herself!

Yeah, I haven't been able to think of anything mosh pit-level wild and crazy.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:57 am
Any sort of themed wedding is fun.

Themed Weddings

Reception Themes

Unique Wedding Favors

Forever Wed

Just to get you started. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 08:59 am
Soz- OK, I'll lighten up. I woke up cranky this morning.

I think that eudaemonist and his fiancee need to get together, and kick around some ideas. For some women, a white wedding, with all the trimmings, is something that they have been dreaming about since they were little girls. I think that eudaemonist needs to be sensitive to that.

So, eudamonist, sit down with your fiancee, and discuss your ideas. You may be pleasantly surprised that she just might be open to the idea of innovation, maybe not. Just be loving and empathic, and I am sure that you will come up with an idea that is satisfactory to the both of you.

Now when the parents get into the act.............................but that is another thread! Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:01 am
And you could always have a traditional ceremony and really go all crazy with the reception.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:48 am
Oooh, I thought eudamonist was the bride.
Sorry.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:00 am
Here's a cool idea for the reception. At some point in the evening you tie up and gag your parents, and you each get a baseball bat. You get to take as many big swings at your respective in-laws as you can, each one being a symbol of another year of wedded bliss.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:32 pm
Kickycan: I guess I was thinking along those same lines what with the moshpit suggestion and all. Actually, instead of baseball bats I was pretty much picturing the Dimebag Darrell shootout in Columbus. Why go cooler when you can go way cooler? (It's just not a wedding until the police get called.)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:35 pm
here's the coolest of wedding ideas...a pre nup...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:42 pm
A mosh pit might be a little safer, Bear. Wink
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:43 pm
Slip liquid LSD into the punch... after that, everything else will work itself out on its own.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:43 pm
word...
0 Replies

eudaemonist

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:11 pm
It's just not a wedding until the police are called...

Now that is classic!

Apologies for giving some the wrong impression. My original remarks were in jest, but I really do want to have a fun wedding. My fiancee and I have discussed some different wacky ideas. For example, she broached the topic of a Star Trek wedding. Initially I had reservations about such a superficial theme, but when she pointed out that my best man would have to dress like a ferengi I was all Cool about it. Unfortunately, my best man was not Smile

Anyhow, the in-law thing is not really as big a problem as it normally might be for some. Her parents only speak a few Eastern dialects and hardly a word of any language with which I am familiar. Plus, she is the daughter that my mother has always wanted, so settling for daughter-in-law is just fine by my mother. My father is happy with her as well. The big problems really come by way of cultural and religious differences, but perhaps, as was suggested here, with enough drugs in the punch...

We are probably going to have the party in a place that will allow us to supply our own booze. Any suggestions?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:23 pm
Ooh, a Ferengi best man! Would you get to be a Klingon?
0 Replies