When You Notice How Much Someone Loves You

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:20 pm
I had one of those eye-opening experiences today when someone who's love I had previously taken for granted showed complete interest in just spending time with me.

All I asked is if he wanted me to wait until he came home to watch a television show with him and he just exploded in joy. It should have made me happy, but I just felt sad that I didn't realize how strong our relationship was until now.

This has been happening frequently in these past months and I don't know if it's a product of my age or just the extra time that I have recently had to look around me. Whatever the reason is, I'm glad that it's happening.

So, have you had any similar incidents in your life? Or has the opposite happened to you, have you noticed that someone just caught on to how much emotional interest that you invest in them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 803 • Replies: 8
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:47 am
squinney just the other day shoved a dildo right up my keister and told me she loved me. It was a tender moment.

AND I MEAN A TENDER MOMENT!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 01:22 am
I definitely had a moment or two like that... complete eye-openers.

At the time, my fiancee and I were just friends; *new* friends, at that. I had known him for maybe a month or two, and I had no idea that he even had romantic interest in me.

As time wore on, I started seeing the hints, but I shrugged it off as a small crush of his, and continued on my way. He was my funny, charming friend that made me smile; nothing more.

I liked someone else at the time, (ironically, someone else that I met at the same time as my Love), and was planning to ask him out. So I'd gotten advice from my good "friend", and he did help me out, even though he did speak strangely of it. I had a feeling he was hiding something, but had no idea what it was.

The time came to pass, and I did openly confess my romantic interest in this other person, to a few friends and him, of course. But instead of getting a warm reception and happiness from everyone, I had a strange mix of things...

From my Love and a mutual friend of ours, I kept getting a strange, negative feeling. They were distant, and for a long time this 'friend' of mine said not a word to me. A few very long days (we normally spoke online each afternoon) passed, and I began to wonder what had happened.

The next time I spoke with him, he was a very different person. At first I wondered if he were drunk, or out of sorts, since he seemed quite... unstable. He told me that he'd been shaking, visibly upset and ill to his stomach for several hours; and that he considered himself a failure and was consumed with rage at that. He told me he'd never felt anything so intense and upsetting, in fact. He refused to tell me what all this fuss was about, and because he'd helped me with my latest love event, I didn't link those two elements together.

However, later on that night he was very calm, and somehow spilled everything. He told me that he'd loved me for the past few weeks, and couldn't have imagined how he'd love anyone so much as he loved me. He even promised eternal love to me (which overwhelmed me at the time o_o... but considering now that he's my fiancee, I just smile in amusement), and said he couldn't be happy without me, and that he was so angry at himself for helping me pursue someone else.

So after that strange breakdown, a few weeks went by and his love for me did not waver. He'd continously mention it, and even though I was currently staying with the person I had the crush on, he continued to support me. But I noticed that I felt happier and genuinely -better- around him. He cheered me up far more often, and was always there to make my day far brighter than it had been before. He became my closest companion, and with a confused heart I realized that I needed someone more like him. Soo.. in the predictable end to this story, I broke things off with the other boy and turned around to go back and choose this one.

What's odd is that soon after I realized his love for me, I realized my love for him also. It was a strangely joyous, overwhelming thing when I confronted it and asked to date him Razz One of those moments that changed the way I thought about many things thereafter... and made me consider how truly good things don't have to fade with time.

Sorry for the long story... but I delight in telling it, so I figured that it couldn't hurt to share it Smile
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 04:46 pm
That's sweet.

The forums should have an :awww: smily.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:35 pm
Individual wrote:
That's sweet.

:awww: smily.

What a great idea!

I had a real eye-opener when my 1st husband asked me if "I knew why he had married me" Because you love me, I replied gleefully. "No" he said as he Slapped my face hard enough to spin my head. The he smiled and said " I married you because you are a Virgo and Loyal and I very need that in my line of work." It was then he revealed to me he was a theif.

Your icon would work well with this type story as well..
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:33 am
Noticing
I notice -- EVERY day -- the special little things that my true love says to me and does for me simply because he loves me. It's pure joy and happiness to be the "love of his life" when he's the love of my life. (Does that makes sense?) It has been the greatest gift in my life to actually FEEL the magnitude of a shared love that never wanes, but continues to grow and deepen as the years swiftly pass by. Where have all the years gone? Wow. Time flies and life becomes way too short when you're with the one you love.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 11:53 am
Re: Noticing
Debra_Law wrote:
Wow. Time flies and life becomes way too short when you're with the one you love.

I feel sadness when I think about the fact that because my husband and I came together later on in life, we'll never celebrate a fiftieth wedding anniversary. I wish we could had fifty years together but we'll be lucky to have twenty-five. And then I think of those who won't get even that and I stop WHINING and count my blessings that we found each other at all.
Smile
Whenever I realize how much my husband adores me, I fight the urge to ask him why.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 11:46 am
I've been on the other end of that. I'm a gay guy and I fell in love with my straight best friend. I felt that way for a while without him ever realising, finally I was going crazy over it and told him.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable or hurt our friendship, but I think you should know that if you ever asked me out I would say yes."

Well, he was straight so he wasn't interested but now we understand each other perfectly. Getting that out in the open helped us establish what we both considered as our limits and now our friendship is so rock solid that I don't think I could date him anymore, it'd feel weird. We've adjusted. I'm still in love with him, but I don't have the burning desire for anything extra now, just absolute contentment with what we have. (well we occasionally have arguments, but still)

I'm not saying this'll always happen. That's just my experience with the situation.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 12:37 pm
Re: Noticing
Debra_Law wrote:

I feel sadness when I think about the fact that because my husband and I came together later on in life, we'll never celebrate a fiftieth wedding anniversary. I wish we could had fifty years together but we'll be lucky to have twenty-five. And then I think of those who won't get even that and I stop WHINING and count my blessings that we found each other at all.
Smile
Whenever I realize how much my husband adores me, I fight the urge to ask him why.

that's funny because last night I went to my uncles 50'th weddng anniversary party. I've to my both my grandparents and various other ucles 50th also. My own parents just celebrated their 25th last year.
0 Replies