More Gay Hysteria

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:29 pm
I wish all these "Christians" would just suck a dick, take one in the poop chute and get it over with then shut the hell up. Toooooo much obsession with this.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/20/sponge.bob.reut/index.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,656 • Replies: 37
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:38 pm
I should send this article to my religious wacko sister-in-law. Her kids LOVE Spongebob! Maybe the tug-of-war over this in her tiny little brain will cause her to have a brain embolism.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:30 pm
Homosexuality is definitely a theme in american animation.

Bert and Ernie: two unrelated males who lived and slept in the same room.

Batman and Robin: an old rich guy who never scores with any women and a young boy who does gymnastics. Both wear skin-tight, outrageous costumes with their underwear as the outermost layer.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:38 pm
but apparently we don't have the market completely cornered....

http://rainbow.arch.scriptmania.com/rainbow_tv_episode.html
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:42 pm
Whatever happened to "love the sinner, hate the sin"?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:43 pm
more british preoccupation..

http://www.littlechocolatestarfish.com/home.htm
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:43 pm
Roger: "Banging can be fun."

Jane: "Ooooh yes, and I was banging away all last night with Rod and Roger."

Roger (looking sad): "Yes, but it broke my plucking instrument."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:45 pm
Homosexual cartoon characters ....... hmmmmmmmm ........ we've had them all along. Tom & Jerry never had girlfriends, Chip & Dale were way too polite to be straight, and Woody Woodpecker ... c'mon ... that name says it all. Woody flaunted it in our faces. Uh-uh-uh-AHH-uh! Heckle & Jekyl were the first black gay cartoon characters, Bugs Bunny was constantly cross-dressing, and you know Olive Oyl had to be a lesbian. It was an open secret that Daffy Duck was Rock Hudson's first piece of tail when he arrived in Hollywood. Elmer Fudd was outraged to the point that Rock had to get a restraining order ... yep ... Dobson's just uncovered the tip of the iceberg on this one.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:02 am
Why would anyone be surprised that a Christian group would object to using children's cartoon characters to promote a homosexuality? That's like bugging out if a Muslim group speaks out against bikinis isn't it?... Or bugging out if Polar Bears speak with an utter lack of tact about, well, anything? Other than a good base for some humorous responses, seems like kind of a non-starter to me.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:03 am
and who could forget this famous duo

http://mrt300.ods.org/snl/view.php?agd
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:07 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Why would anyone be surprised that a Christian group would object to using children's cartoon characters to promote a homosexuality? That's like bugging out if a Muslim group speaks out against bikinis isn't it?... Or bugging out if Polar Bears speak with an utter lack of tact about, well, anything? Other than a good base for some humorous responses, seems like kind of a non-starter to me.

or a cheesehead speaking like some thick ankled holier than thou spinster in a grey dress for that matter?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:11 am
Green man, GREEN... all my dresses are Green. Who do you think's gonna buy that grey dress crap? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:21 am
Thick-ankled cheeseheads in grey-green dresses ... is it any wonder I'm pondering gay chipmunks and ducks at 1:30 in the morning? Say goodnight, Gracie ...
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:47 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Oddly, I agree with you here.
Seems a few people are making this a SpongeBob issue and not a promotion of homosexuality issue.
These groups would protest the dissimination of such a message regardless of who was spreading the love, so to speak.
The fact that it's a SpongeBob cartoon specially taylored to convey said message, makes it sound like they oppose SpongeBob as an animated character.
...and I'm not sure that's what is being protested.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:48 am
But they should perhaps be a bit more tolerant of the message.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 11:49 am
candidone1 wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Oddly, I agree with you here.
Seems a few people are making this a SpongeBob issue and not a promotion of homosexuality issue.
These groups would protest the dissimination of such a message regardless of who was spreading the love, so to speak.
The fact that it's a SpongeBob cartoon specially taylored to convey said message, makes it sound like they oppose SpongeBob as an animated character.
...and I'm not sure that's what is being protested.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would think this to be a spngebob protest...these asswipes see a homosexual around every corner and up every tree.....born again Beavis and Buttheads is what they are....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:14 pm
Spongbob might be gay, huh? That might be true, but what little kid is going to know that? I watched Bert and Ernie when I was little and the thought never crossed my mind that there might be something funny goin' on....they were just best friends!

Jeeze...these people need to get a life.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:21 pm
Kristie wrote:
Spongbob might be gay, huh? That might be true, but what little kid is going to know that? I watched Bert and Ernie when I was little and the thought never crossed my mind that there might be something funny goin' on....they were just best friends!

yeah but look at you now...a sex crazed perv....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:24 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Kristie wrote:

yeah but look at you now...a sex crazed perv....

well that should make the anti-homo Christians happy cuz at least I'm straight! :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:27 pm
Individual wrote:
Roger: "Banging can be fun."

Jane: "Ooooh yes, and I was banging away all last night with Rod and Roger."

Roger (looking sad): "Yes, but it broke my plucking instrument."

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Geoffrey: "Never mind Roger, let sing the plucking song, come on

everybody get your instruments out."

Rod (to Jane): "Do you want to blow on my pipe while I'm twanging away?"

Jane: "Oh no Rod, I was blowing a lot with Roger last night. But would you