Dinosaurs never existed

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 08:02 am
0 Replies

alphabeta

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 09:40 am
@maporsche,
If I had something like this in my living room and I photographed it for you, you would be less convinced. It is the clout given by the museum that convinces people.
alphabeta

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 09:41 am
@blatham,
No, I am a truth seeker.
maporsche

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 10:43 am
@alphabeta,
alphabeta wrote:

If I had something like this in my living room and I photographed it for you, you would be less convinced. It is the clout given by the museum that convinces people.

Well, I live in Chicago and have seen Sue in person...gotta say I'm pretty convinced.

Even the museums are in on it you say? What else can't I trust in a museum?
blatham

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 10:53 am
@alphabeta,
Are you? Normally, when one seeks the truth (that is, the reality of things as best as can be established and without a theological or other such bias which predetermines conclusions) one goes about studying the areas of knowledge relevant to you question or quandary.

Have you done any formal studies in archaeology? Paleontology? Geology? How familiar are you, if at all, with the varied methods of chronological dating such as thermoluminescence? If you are going to run with the thesis you've described here, then you are also going to have to argue that the established science of those specialties are also wrong and that the hundreds of thousands of scientists working in those fields are deluded. Would that be your postion?
0 Replies

alphabeta

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 11:43 am
@maporsche,
You can guarantee that they will not let an independent researcher examine 'Sue'. And if they did, the authorities would reject the results without repeating the experiments.
maporsche

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 11:55 am
@alphabeta,
Independent how? The museum has recently given the entire right arm of Sue to an independent laboratory for study. Other bones have been given to schools and other research institutions as well.

If this T-Rex is fake, the the museum is going to be PISSED that they spent 8.4 Million dollars on her.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/museums/ct-sue-t-rex-arm-removal-20161006-story.html
alphabeta

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 12:10 pm
@maporsche,
These laboratories will not be looking for anything suspect about the skeleton.
Btw, where is the centre of gravity of a T-Rex?
maporsche

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 12:13 pm
@alphabeta,
What exactly would be 'suspect'.

What do you think the fake t-rex is made out of? Some sort of plastic? Maybe actual minerals that have been crafted to look real?

When they take millions of images of deep bone scans using a CAT scan that is 1 billion more times more powerful than what is used in hospitals, what do you think they'll see?
alphabeta

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 12:31 pm
@maporsche,
The presence of C-14 would be suspect.

maporsche

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 12:31 pm
@alphabeta,
What is the fake fossil made out of?
alphabeta

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 12:34 pm
@maporsche,
I don't know. I doubt if they would let me hire an independent investigator to find out.
maporsche

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 12:37 pm
@alphabeta,
I think c14 is present just about everywhere, although in some cases it's difficult to measure accurately.

Why would it be suspect in fossils?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 12:37 pm
@alphabeta,
Quote:
where is the centre of gravity of a T-Rex?
. It in Ashtabula
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 12:38 pm
@alphabeta,
They have people who's job is to find fake fossils.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/archaeology/g3051/fake-fossils/
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 12:41 pm
@alphabeta,
its wonderful how theyve got Wue's entire anatomy (down to long bone microcopic structure) mapped out really well..
Fossil preparators are some pretty skilled people. If you were to come around spouting your bullshit, Im afraid one of those guys would saw your little head till it looked like a napkin holder. They have to spend months with each specimen determining which s the sediment qnd which is the bonal stuff
alphabeta

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 01:09 pm
@farmerman,
How would the T-Rex have balanced?

Why didn't the T-Rex crush its own feet?
Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 02:21 pm
@alphabeta,
Ah-hahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

Ya can't beat this place for free entertainment.
blatham

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 03:57 pm
@Setanta,
He's a seeker of truth. He said so.

And we should probably note that he did not respond to my question regarding whether he has done any formal study at all in the related scientific fields.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 04:09 pm
@alphabeta,
Quote:
How would the T-Rex have balanced?

By using s balance beam of course.

Quote:
Why didn't the T-Rex crush its own feet?

They wore good shoes, never spikes, always flats.
0 Replies