Bush to challenge Iran by summer.

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:21 pm
Yesterday I heard on the radio that plans are in the works for the US to take on Iran as early as summer 2005.
Anyone else confirm this?
I haven't seen anything on the net to confirm...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,538 • Replies: 37
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:22 pm
What does bush care? the twins won't be dying....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:24 pm
I heard a tape of a Bigfoot call on the radio last night.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:25 pm
glad to hear you finally got short wave up in the woods
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:27 pm
I've moved. We have full use of frequency modulation AND amplitude modulation now.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:30 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I heard a tape of a Bigfoot call on the radio last night.

That was probably called in from the payphone just behind this sign.

http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~woodduck/images/signs/kokanee_xing.jpg
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:33 pm
...all jokes aside.
I was serious if anyone else caught this, or if it was perhaps more speculative than anything else.
I just caught the bit on the radio while driving and thought I'd ask.
McG, thanks for living up to my expectations. You never fail to make it necessary to use one of these while responding. Very Happy
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:50 pm
Sounds speculative to me. Condoleeza Rice has been advocating a hard
line with Iran whenever the issue came up at the confirmation hearings,
but seems willing to work the UN and the EU.

Quote:
On Tuesday, Rice reiterated that if Iran does not abandon its
nuclear programs, the issue should be sent to the U.N. Security Council
for possible sanctions.

Washington insists Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons but Tehran says it
only wants to produce nuclear energy.

The EU three -- Britain, France and Germany -- negotiated a deal under
which Iran agreed to suspend nuclear activities in return for nuclear
technology but the administration has been extremely doubtful this will
solve the problem.

Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware, the committee's senior Democrat,
pressed Rice on whether the administration might embrace the EU deal if
Iran implemented a verifiable ban on nuclear and missile production.

If the nuclear issue is as critical as Bush suggested, the president should
be ready to accept such a deal, he said.

Rice replied: "I think we would have to say that the relationship with Iran
has more components than the nuclear side. But let's see how far the
Europeans get and take a look at where we are."
Reuters
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:19 pm
Yeah, the blip that I caught said that they would be targeting neuclear production sites..not necessarily a wholesale attack on Iran.
Although, Iranian officials contended that they could hold off, and defeat any likely military force they would be forced to deal with if it was brought to their doorstep.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:27 pm
It is a pathetic commentary on the state of our nation that we even have to consider the possibility we have such a John Wayne in the Oval Office...that any of this stuff is even remotely possible.

George Bush is one of the worst thing that ever happened to this country.

His child...the current president...is even worse.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:41 pm
The draft is just around the corner.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:14 am
But the Draft is much closer than prosperity.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:27 am
Not a good move any way one puts it. I'd say Bush is nuts if he is that much of a war-hawk. Let's hope there's not going to be a Bush dynasty in the future. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

angie

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:29 am
Let him invade Iran, and Syria, too. Let him bring back the draft. Let him continue to alienate the rest of the world - hell, with the draft back, who needs them? Let him get another tax cut favoring the wealthy through, and make them all permanent. Let him gut S.S. to pay off his cronies in the investment world. Let him appoint two, no three, extremist judges to the Supreme Court. Let him continue to use the threat of terrorism to erode our civil liberties, and to lock people away without due process.

C'mon. Let's get this party started.

It'll be interesting to see just how far he can go before people stand up and say "no more".
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 02:58 am
angie wrote:
Let him invade Iran, and Syria, too. Let him bring back the draft. Let him continue to alienate the rest of the world - hell, with the draft back, who needs them? Let him get another tax cut favoring the wealthy through, and make them all permanent. Let him gut S.S. to pay off his cronies in the investment world. Let him appoint two, no three, extremist judges to the Supreme Court. Let him continue to use the threat of terrorism to erode our civil liberties, and to lock people away without due process.

C'mon. Let's get this party started.

It'll be interesting to see just how far he can go before people stand up and say "no more".

We are getting what we deserve.

We've watched George Bush piss on this Republic...and when given the opportunity, we joined him in pissing on it.

We obviously do not deserve what we were entrusted with...and even more obviously, we will not be passing on what we were given.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:15 am
3 months ago, the people did stand up and say "no more".

No more terrorism. No more threats from muslim extremeists. No more Kerry jokes.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:20 am
But did they realize that could be voting for more invasions?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:46 am
That was then. Your side won by a slimmest of margins . There are at least half the Americans not so pleased with this president
. His record is one of fear mongering and he hasnt done a great deal to button up the homeland. His argument is to fight em over there to prevent them from coming here. Thats just stupid cause Bush is bankrupting this country with his
war" and hes getting our kids killed. This whole hing could have been handled in a bunch of different ways thatt didnt involve shitty intelligence, stupid plans, unthought out consequences, and massive spending wile we were undergoing fiscal shock . Then hes got the cojones to call the other party the "tax and spend" people. Nothhing allows a president to drain a treasury than the anthem of this piece of history.

"We dont wanna fight, but by JINGO if we do
weve got te ships , weve got the men,
weve got the money too."

Bush only won cause he had Kerry against him. If he would have run unopposed, he would have lost
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:26 am
government of the people by the people and for the people didn't take into consideration that most of the people are too f*#king stupid for such a thing.....and politicians have always used that to their benefit.... bush has finally just taken the gloves off and has dropped all pretense...the USA is now a corporation and the middle class is no longer necessary...so it will be systematically destroyed until a few ultra rich live their lives while the rest of us live like animals....it won't get that bad in my lifetime (maybe) but surely in my cubs.....
0 Replies

angie

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:20 pm
Frank wrote: "We are getting what we deserve."

"We" ?

I did not elect this man, and if the media were still a viable source of information with an honest commitment to getting the truth to people, you'd know that America did not elect this man either.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/122404X.shtml
http://whttp://www.columbusdispatch.com/election/election-president.php?story=dispatch/2004/11/05/20041105-A6-01.html
http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/111404Z.shtml
http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/112004X.shtml
www.truthout.org/docs_04/111004W.shtml

There are mountains of evidence indicating widespread voter fraud and suppression (I may not have chosen the best links). Exit polls, only one example, which are extremely accurate were going for Kerry all day, and yet, when the "final counts" came in for, say, Ohio, there were significant differences between the exit polls and the final votes; the differences occurred ONLY in precincts where there was no paper backup for emachines (hence, no possible recount). Computer "parts" were removed the day after the election from computers in some of those areas. Voter suppression is a matter of record as voting machines were disproportionally sent to areas based not upon registered voters but upon potential Bush supporters in any given precinct, and as provisional ballots were incorrectly issues to thousands of people in non-Bush areas and then not counted. On and on it goes, and I have only mentioned the very tip of this immoral iceberg.

One would think, one would hope, for the sake of our democracy, or what's left of it, that the media might want to at least raise some of these issues, perhaps even do a kind of Woodward/Bernstein thing.

No point in debating the voter fraud issue here, as clearly, the tracks have been well covered. The loss to this nation is, however, far more than Kerry's loss. Regardless of which political camp one may be in, we surely agree that, when we lose our right to honestly choose our leaders, the America we all know and love is simply over.
0 Replies