Chronic Leg Cramps- Is It Related To Back Injuries???

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 03:58 am
I consulted a pharmacist once about my chronic leg cramps. I get them once to twice a day, and they are painful beyond belief. He said that it might be because of sensitive muscles, or nerves that aren't functioning correctly. That led me to consider a back injury I had approximately one year ago. The Dr. discovered through x-rays I had a condition called "lordosis," which I think he said was an unusally curved spine that goes inwards. Anyways, it was a pre-exsisting condition that might have contributed to my injury. He never said I had any nerve damage, but my physcial therapist said I might have had nerve damage, due to the symtoms I had. (Numbness and tingling that went down to mid-thing area.) Now approximately 6 - 8 months after that injury I am now experiencing daily leg cramps. Could this be in anyway related? If so, is it treatable / curable? If not, what causes leg cramps and what can you do to prevent them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 699 • Replies: 3
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:31 am
It may be me getting old or working in a office where I sit on my butt all day not moving but I get achey legs too.Cant realy call them cramps tho.

I can only advise walking around as much as possible,get the legs moving and blood flowing,also stretch them.

Sounds like you condition is more serious tho so try and talk to another doctor or go to a chiropractor
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:26 am
BluSkies713- Why are you playing around with this? IMO you need to be evaluated by an orthopedist, or possibly a neurologist, not a pharmacist.

Any symptom, that happens every day, and is "painful beyond belief", cannot be overlooked. The symptoms are less important, than the CAUSE of the symptoms. Why don't you check this out?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 07:23 am
Phoenix is absolutely right. Perhaps the problem comes from your spine. Perhaps from your liver. Perhaps there is a cancerous growth somewhere in your lumbar region.

See a doctor, ASAP.
0 Replies